The Global Quality Department for Drilling and Completion Fluids (DCF) has an opening for a Quality Assurance and Compliance Advisor. This position will support and maintain our API, ISO 9001 and BHI Quality Management System in DCF. We have 9 API branded products, 3 API certified plants and 1 ISO 9001 plant certified plant.Essential Responsibilities:
- Will actively support the implementation of the Quality Management System (QMS) and assure compliance with internal and external standards within area of responsibility.
- Will be Lead Auditor within BHI.
- Participate in Supplier audits.
- Will actively engage with external Quality Standards bodies (API etc.) and incorporate requirements into BHI QC QMS documentation.
- Ability to do Gap analysis of procedures against API and ISO standard and implementing best practices.
- May be expected to work within a fluid laboratory, mechanical or electronic environment to develop the appropriate QC standards.
- May develop and monitor the effectiveness of control plans having considered potential risks by analyzing and interpretation data.
- Will provide technical quality advice to management and establish appropriate measurable goals and metrics.
- Will facilitate the standardization of manufacturing or operational procedures and their management within BHOS and act as focal point.
- Work with the QC department and subject matter experts (SME) to develop technical standards and processes.
- Will lead strategic project initiatives across the BHI organization.
- Will work as project lead for ISO 9001 registration for unregistered facilities.
- Advisors will lead the workforce in continuous improvement activities, both systems and processes, and benchmark appropriate standards of conduct throughout the operation.
- Will demonstrate project management best practices and will handle special projects as required.
- Conducting all your business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes Health, Safety and Environmental policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Company Core Values.
- Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years of Quality experience or Master's Degree and 3+ years of Quality experience or Technical Degree with 7+ years of Quality experience.
- Experience with API and ISO standards
- Must be able to demonstrate analytical skills, and knowledge of specific products
- Good verbal and writing skills.
- Knowledge of specific products, testing procedures and specific equipment required to perform quality testing.
- Lead Auditor Certified thru (IRCA)
- Must be willing to work in a team environment.
- Barite Manufacturing experience(HIGHLY DESIRED)
- API auditor Certified
- Drilling and Completion Fluids experience and/or product knowledge.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more