For our expanding operations, we are increasing our dynamic Development Team in Delft (Zuid- Holland) with several talented Senior Software Developers. As part of one of our Scrum Teams, you will be working on our new JewelSuite application for Drilling Services.
Drilling wells to produce oil and gas is a complex process that requires careful planning and calculations ahead of execution. During drilling, we measure in real-time the drill bit position, the type of rocks and fluids we penetrate. This data is continuous transmitted to the surface for analysis to make drilling decisions. In this project we focus on reducing the non-productive time (NPT) by leveraging data from nearby wells that were drilled. JewelSuite is used for the visualization, modeling and planning of the wellbore in detail and the expected conditions are simulated during planning and, in real-time, during job execution. It is a key component in BHGE's scientific software portfolio and is critical to ensure the technical success and profitable operation of our global drilling and evaluation operations. You will help us deliver our product quickly and with high quality by
We are looking for someone with
- Taking ownership of the software development process
- Pro-active contribute to continuously improve our code and development processes
- Being passionate about working in a product development environment
- Showing craftsmanship and being passionate about quality
- Being motivated by complex architecture and code
- Being passionate about helping our products to stay "future-proof"
- Adding value to the team through your knowledge and programming skills. With your team grow in achieving unique and outstanding performance
- Enjoying to learn from your motivated and skilled colleagues and in turn you share your knowledge
- Not afraid to ask questions and excel in your profession
What we're offering
- Bachelors' degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent with significant experience in software development
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Visual Studio and C#
- Thorough knowledge of software architecture, object oriented design, unit testing, and best practices (e.g.: SOLID, TDD, BDD etc.)
- Experience working with complex structures, multi-threading, design patterns
- Experience with Scrum/Agile/SAFe software development
- Experience in technical or scientific software engineering
- Excellent English communications skills (verbal and written)
- Working in a multicultural and with multiple other teams in a project following Scrum/SAFe principles
- Agile Testing best practice learning opportunities in a large and focused software development environment
- Being part of a passionate community of practice test professionals
- Access to self-learning resources (e.g. PluralSight)
- Access to additional training opportunities, career growth, knowledge sharing including other disciplines
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus program
- Healthcare allowance (€ 138,70 gross per month)
- 25 Vacation days, the year after (if not been ill) 5 days extra
Delft, Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands,About us
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more