Our client is looking for a Senior Subsea Process and Flow Assurance Engineer for a contract position, located in Aberdeen.
- Provide subsea process and flow assurance technical solutions associated with project delivery; both as an individual contributor and through the coordination of contracted subsea process and flow assurance resources (including; the scoping of work packages, development of cost
- time resources estimates, prioritisation, work allocation, reporting, etc.). Such technical solutions will include: -
- Subsea process and flow assurance design for new and modified subsea production systems (e.g. Process Engineering Flow Schemes, Process Safeguarding Memorandum and Flow Scheme, Cause and Effects Definition, Instrumented Functions including Control Narratives, Process Calculations, Process Datasheets, Steady State Flow Assurance Studies, Scope of Work for Dynamic Flow Assurance Studies, Development of Operating Procedures, Development of First Hydrocarbon/Commissioning Procedures).
- Development and/or modification of strategies for the management of flow assurance risks
- such as; brittle fracture, hydrates, scale, wax, slugging & liquid management
- Internal and external multi-discipline engineering reviews, including; HAZID, HAZOP
- Manage HSSE applicable to allocated work scopes. (e.g Meet DEM 1 & DEM 2 requirements)
- Act as Contract Holder (as required) with external suppliers for process engineering and flow assurance service provision.
- Coach and develop Subsea Process Engineering skills in the organization
- Role model the leadership attributes (Authenticity, Growth, Collaboration, Performance)
- Interface effectively and integrate the disciplines involved in flow assurance to provide a system wide approach to all activities
- Act as the focal point for Subsea Process technical solutions for all UK pipeline and subsea assets associated with subsea asset integrity management, operations management and well, reservoir and facilities management (WRFM); both as an individual contributor and through the coordination of contracted subsea flow assurance resources (including; the scoping of work packages, development of cost time resources estimates, prioritisation, work allocation, reporting, etc.}.
- Report to the Subsea Process & Flow Assurance Lead, who in turn reports to the Head of Subsea.
- Work across a varied portfolio of work scopes across the spectrum from front end through design, execute, operate and decommissioning.
- Ensure that study and project costs are monitored and interventions made to prevent overspend.
- Develop cost effective solutions
Candidates should be able to demonstrate that they have the following critical competences: -
- Degree in a relevant engineering/technical discipline and demonstrated competence referenced to;
- Process Engineer- Design and Execute or Operations Support
- This position carries the role of TA-2, applicants should be a certified TA-2/3 Flow Assurance.
- Deep expertise/SME in relevant area (Process Engineering Detailed Design/ FEED)
- Candidates are required to have a strong technical background within subsea process engineering and flow assurance, with extensive experience within their specialist field
- Experience in the use of applicable software packages (e.g. Unisim, Compas, OLGA, PIPESIM, STFlash).
- Strong personal commitment to HSSE and D&I.
- Contract management capability and experience (this may be a Contract Holder role)