Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
**Please note this role is for a Fixed Term period of 12 months initially**
The Sr. network engineer is primarily responsible for working on projects related to network either new or existing architecture and will be responsible for end to end implementations in addition to support our Global Operations Center, i.e., to make sure the production network is up and running, configurations and change management, responsible for the design, installation and maintenance of the network globally for us and customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN);
- Design and implement network layouts, configurations and deployment plans in addition to recommending required hardware/software for such plans;
- Ensure all network equipment configurations are maintained and audited. Ensure that where applicable appropriate access controls are enforced through firewall policies;
- Coordinates with service providers and vendors to ensure communication services are turned-upPlan and implement new site network designs and work on projects independently;
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation to include network diagrams, configuration templates, and network policies relating to change management;
- Lead network activity for mobilizations and demobilization while updating all documentation and systems pertaining to defined activity;
- Participate in project planning activities;
- Available to travel domestic and international up to 20%.
- Other assigned work as and when required to support operations and Projects.
This position has NO official supervisory responsibilities.
This position will report to Manager, GDS Support.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor degree, or equivalent education and experience, and extensive experience working on Data, Wireless, Voice and Security technologies. CCNA required; prefer CCNP or must be able to obtain. Must also be qualified at all levels of LAN, WAN, Voice, Wireless, and Security technologies.
- Significant experience working directly with customer and client technical teams.
- Extensive experience with designing and implementing wireless networks for WAN and LAN solutions.
- Extensive experience with implementing network configurations and deployment plans including both routing and switching.
- Extensive experience with designing global call routing with on Cisco VG, CME, CUE, and CCM.
Expert understanding of:
- TCP/IP network protocols following the OSI model
- Wireless design typically gained from past experiences with the Cisco product line and other platforms
- Configuring and troubleshooting GRE/IPSEC in a dynamic VPN environment
- QOS policies across the Enterprise for Data, Voice and Video solutions
- Routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, RIPv2, OSPF, PFRv3 and Static routing protocols while using IPSLA
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Troubleshooting software such as Solarwinds, Wireshark, and packet tracers;
- DNS resolution;
- Routing over VSAT, 4G LTE, WiMAX, Metro-ethernet, and fiber;
- Cisco Wireless VoIP, Wireless Controllers, and autonomous and lightweight Access Points;
- Aruba Wireless systems, Clearpass, Mobility Master, Controller, Access Points, and AirWave;
- Switching technology fundamentals;
- Cisco ASA Firewall with working knowledge of DMZ design and security best practices;
- Cisco CME, CUE, SIP, SCCP, Telephony services, Voice Codecs, and Translation patterns;
- Experience managing, supporting and deploying network infrastructures;
- Strong ability to diagnose server or network alerts, events or issues;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and projects with minimal supervision;
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and techniques;
- Good oral and written communication skills, and ability to address conflict with others constructively;
- Experience with Disaster Recovery plans and related technologies;
- Participate in scheduled monthly maintenance process when necessary;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule;
- Configure, support, and troubleshoot business-to-business VPN tunnels;
- Solid background in network administration and architecture;
- Answer phone and email client requests for support on GDS services;
- Available after hours and weekends as needed and willing to work on-call rotation;
- Ability to work as a team member, team lead and/or independently;
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the workplace
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.