Skills: HR - General
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of approximately 700 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 26,500 people.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world's current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Partners with the US Geozone and HR Leadership Team and key stakeholders to develop and implement processes, practices and systems that assure high quality HR business partnership, staff consulting and execution of HR service delivery. Plays a key role in enabling HR to demonstrate and influence a culture of accountability, business readiness, customer focus and continuous process improvement. Provides HR Business Partner support and direction to assigned Geozone client groups and HR teams, while implementing applicable elements of the HR vision and plan of record. Leads and manages the assigned Geozone/Area HR team including all "people manager" aspects of selection, goal setting, performance management, career development and talent quality management for assigned team of HR managers and advisors. Collaborates with peers in the US Geozone / Western Hemisphere and the HR Leadership team to present one face of HR to the client in helping to architect, engineer, operate and/or support common processes and procedures across a maturing HR Business Partner, COE and Shared Services model.
Has responsibility for ensuring the company's Human Resources practices are closely aligned and engaged with Business Units. Delivers HR solutions within demanding operational contexts displaying the capacity to successfully handle the transactional aspects of HR (i.e. resourcing, performance management and reward issues) across a range of functions and job types. Leading and orchestrating an HR team to raise standards within the function and improve the collective results of HR within the business. Work in partnership with business units and other functional shared services teams providing good insight into broad business concerns and gaining support for key HR initiatives
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
SAFETY, SECURITY & COMPLIANCE: Actively support, promote and become a role model for compliance and application of Weatherford's Safety and Security policies and standards.
- Implement and/or support attainment of performance objectives against a defined set of HR Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and Productivity Metrics.
- Work with Geozone HR managers and advisors to fulfil their roles in achieving and continuously improving the quality and productivity of their services and how they support and connect to Weatherford's Core Values, Business Objectives, and the HR strategic goals.
- Practical knowledge and experience delivering high quality HR advice and services in a global business environment
- Hands-on experience helping organizations achieve high levels of productivity, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to partner with and influence HR functional and COE leadership teams to shape business process requirements
CLIENT & COMMUNICATION
- Deep experience effectively communicating with a global, cross-functional, diverse workforce focused on continuous quality and productivity improvement of HR service delivery
- Practical experience with "stakeholder management and engagement", bolstered by a strong degree of customer focus and experience developing and sustaining productive customer and stakeholder relationships at all levels of the organization
- Understands the fundamentals of financial management in a global HR function and what constitutes effective, optimal delivery of cost-effective HR services
- Monitors and develops action plans to meet defined Talent, Productivity and Cost targets.
- Provides guidance and tools that enable consistent attainment of HR, Financial, Productivity and Quality goals for the client
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
- Responsible for managing a team of direct reports HR Advisors
- Leads and collaborates across a global, highly distributed, matrixed and transformational business environment
- Experience and ability leading people through influence and negotiation as well as direct supervisory authority
- Passionate about creating a talent pipeline to assure the right people are placed at the right time with the right skill and will
- Experience as a Change & Culture Transformation champion.
VISION & LEADERSHIP
• Work with global HR leadership team to formulate HR strategies that support the company's objectives.
• Implements assigned "blue chips".
• Experience creating and communicating a compelling vision and purpose that sets a clear line of sight around HR Functional Excellence
• Recognized as a Talent Value Leader, known for cultivating strong talent within the function and client and for a track record of bringing out the best in the team
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Minimum 10 years progressive general HR experience, including a demonstrated career track record across multiple HR business partnership roles.
• Minimum 5 years of people management experience. Experience working with multi-site management preferred.
• Previous oil and gas experience required.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organization Development or similar field required.
• Master's preferred.
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• PHR Certification; SPHR (preferred)
• Knowledge of effective HR practices, methods and processes in all areas including recruiting and selection, compensation and benefits, employment law and employee relations, performance management, and training and development
• Knowledge of State and Federal laws, regulations and requirements related to HR including ERISA, EEO, LOAs, ADA, Worker's Compensation, COBRA, Wage & Hour and others
• Proven ability to develop strategic working relationships with leaders and act as a strategic partner on all people related decisions
• Thrive in a fast paced and changing environment while maintaining focus on driving and delivering on strategic objectives and executing day to day requirements
• Works independently setting own priorities and objectives with supervisory consultation
• Skill focusing on desired results, determining what is important and urgent, clarifying next steps, and delegating effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results
• Ability to maintain highly confidentiality information
• Ability to conduct investigations using sound HR principles and practices
• Proficient in use of Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point and HRIS systems
• Detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks projects simultaneously while retaining all information.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Ability to lift approximately 0-25 lbs
• Indoor work. Generally, includes an office setting
• Generally, includes standard business hours. Regular work beyond standard business hours and some travel will be required.
• Ability to travel regularly between assigned business locations across the Houston area and within the State of Texas. Occasional, overnight travel (10-15%) may be required.
• PPE and other safety equipment required when necessary
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. We may be a large company, but we empower our team to create fresh ideas that challenge convention and break the status quo. Our employees are the key to driving our growth and success. Everywhere we operate, they are inspired to develop new and efficient ways of raising the bar to meet the needs of an evolving industry and solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At Weatherford, you will work in an exciting, high-energy environment where we are making groundbreaking, award-winning advancements in oilfield technology. The opportunity to explore your potential is limitless.
Visit www.weatherford.com/careers to learn more.