The Senior Materials Planning & Execution Manager will be challenged to build a world class Operations planning and Inventory management process demonstrating accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives, initially at the Midland Polyflow plant, and preparing the operation for the medium and long terms expansion projects forecasted for the Onshore Business. This manager will be responsible for providing effective administration of the overall planning & fulfillment activities of the Polyflow Midland plant and other future operations, including inventory controls. He/she will also be responsible for integrating and developing processes that meet business needs across the organization, managing complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, being involved with long-term planning, and contributing to improve forecast accuracy, customer satisfaction, inventory turns and working capital.Essential Responsibilities:
- Complete integration and transition of Polyflow Onshore business, post-acquisition by BHGE, in Midland
- Develop the organization during the integration phase, identifying talents and having in consideration the support of all Onshore operations for medium and long term
- Responsible for planning and controlling materials and production to achieve customer needs
- Ensure inventory and service goals are met and drive excellent customer service
- Enhance the current processes, through the use of data, such that they are compatible with the principles of Flow Technology and Demand Based Management. Translate, prepare, and assign meaningful and functional manufacturing productivity plans to meet established master schedules for customers
- Assure ERP is working properly with complete MRP integration.
- Work to control inventory levels, cycle time, machine loads, and other aspects as required to meet production schedules
- Set strategic direction for planning and scheduling activities within the organization using CPA (Critical Process Assessment) as main best practices tool.
- Lead the establishment and execution of the global monthly S&OP process into Deal Machine tool
- Ensure the correct and on time movement of materials in Logistics process (receiving, warehouse movements, conversion to WIP, work order closure)
- Look opportunities to reduce raw material and to sell obsoletes materials with the objective to increase inventory turns YoY
- Determine and apply appropriate optimization methodologies to balance service level, inventory, and resource utilization using advanced planning tools
- Lead the organization by establishing shop schedules that adhere to the Department schedule, and support those schedules through the managed efforts of schedulers and coordinators.
- Ensure the continued development and growth of assigned personnel through strong leadership
- Responsible for the management of people resources through good practice, employee appraisal systems, implementation of compensation and benefit programs, communication systems, and performance management techniques
- Drive continuous improvement on all related processes, documents and tools, to ensure ongoing standardization and simplification of S&OP, fulfillment and inventory practices.
- BS degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Logistics, and Supply Chain Management
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in inventory management, shop operations, facilitation and production control in a manufacturing environment, production planning, inventory management principles and practices, or materials management disciplines
- At least additionally 5 years of leadership experience and proven ability to lead and inspire a team, maintain high morale, employee involvement & teamwork
- Deep experiences in utilizing planning system like (Oracle, SAP, ...)
- Strong Computer skills, e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Fluent in English
- MBA or Master degree
- Exceptional communication (verbal, written) & collaboration skills with proven ability to drive and manage change initiatives in a matrixed environment
- Capability to understand and analyze complex situations utilizing data analysis and systems thinking
- Understanding of advanced supply chain concepts and their financial impact (inventory turns, cash flow and working capital) is required
- Demonstration of rigor and strong execution in an operational environment
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed team environment with effectively performance under pressure against tight deadlines, getting work done right first time
- Clear thinker to forward continuous improvement mainly through high performance team building and process improvement
- Time Management skills with the ability to work with accuracy and minimum of supervision.
- Change Orientation: Demonstrated ability to develop and lead sustainable process changes, and adapt to business and functional changes
- Ability to effectively manage changing and conflicting priorities and resolve appropriately
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more