Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The BHGE Completions and Production group is currently seeking an experienced software Engineer, who can work in small groups of developers through complete software development cycle. Develop software to satisfy customer requirements. Regularly participate in design and code review for company proprietary software. May provide guidance to and assist in training less experienced developers. Assist in providing technical knowledge for complex product design. Handle special projects, as assigned.
Working experience as software developer in a commercial product development environment, in technical or scientific domains, performing all SDLC activities: refinement, design, coding, code reviews, refactoring, unit testing and integration testing.
Participate in all stages of agile / scrum software development to develop and support advanced data acquisition systems for drilling and well logging, control and data analysis. Advance new ideas applying software architecture and design that can deliver software products to market in better, faster and smarter ways. Work directly with product owners to ensure the delivered product addresses market needs.
Experience in creating production quality reusable components and libraries.
Experience in user interface design and development with WPF or Windows Forms and Web Applications (Angular, CSS, Bootstrap, etc).
Proficiency in more than one programming languages such as .NET, C#, VB.net, Visual Studio, SQL Server, and building applications.
Experience with full life cycle development in any programming language.
Experience in developing unit tests with frameworks such as MSTest, NUnit or xUnit.NET. Experience in automation technology and SCADA systems
Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience in developing reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for moderately complex products.
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering with significant experience in software development.
- At least 5 years of experience as C# software developer in a commercial product development environment, in technical or scientific domains, performing all SDLC activities: refinement, design, coding, code reviews, refactoring, unit testing and integration testing.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Experience in the Oil and Gas industry is a big plus
- Experience with user control development toolkits such as Infragistics a plus.
- Deep understanding of how to apply design patterns.
- Experience in using source control systems such as TFS, Subversion, and Git.
- Experience in using software build systems such as TFS, TeamCity. Familiar with WCF and/or ZeroMQ inter-process communication. Knowledge of Linux OS. Active participant in software development community with keen interest in the latest best software practices and trends.
- Experience working on a mixed discipline Agile / Scrum product development team. Demonstrated ability to conform to programming standards and release protocols. Must have excellent English written and verbal communications skills. Works well in teams and independently, manages time well and makes quality decisions.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more