Skills: ROV Ops / Tech
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
FIXED TERM FOR 12 MONTHS
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Senior ROV Technician will be responsible for safely, and effectively operating and maintaining OII's ROV systems. You will be responsible for carrying out respective duties as assigned by the ROV Supervisor and/or an ROV superintendent. This will involve working in harsh environments, and a willingness to travel to all regional work sites, (North Sea & Western Europe and further afield as required).
Duties & Responsibilities
- To pilot & maintain the ROV system as directed by the ROV Supervisor, to carry out survey, inspection or work tasks for the client at offshore work locations.
- To evaluate the qualifications and performance of the ROV Operator/Technicians.
- To conduct a high quality, informative commentary of ROV operations onto video tape for presentation to Client.
- To maintain familiarity with Client data recording/reporting requirements and specifications for the operational activities which are being conducted in order to enhance quality of data capture.
This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent in Electronic or Mechanical/ Hydraulic Engineering and/ or recognised Trade Apprenticeship in Similar discipline.
- Completed all requirements for ROV Senior Technician & have 250 hours piloting, 6 evaluations forms.
- Valid Offshore Medical.
- Valid Offshore survival
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Teamwork & Co-operation
- Ability to take charge and show leadership qualities
- Ability to recognise personal limitations of fellow crew members and provide assistance as required
- Demonstrate preferred rapport with Client
- Ability to take appropriate action in the event of an emergency situation
- Ability to produce coherent and concise reports on emergency situations
- Ability to co-ordinate all personnel directly and indirectly involved in an emergency response
- Understanding of company/client emergency procedures
Piloting Skills/Navigational Ability
- Demonstrate the ability to fly an ROV to the worksite in all situations
- Provide instructions to junior crew members on flying techniques and tether management
- Demonstrate a mastery of the systems sonar operation
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the tracking system operation
- Ability to direct operation of ROV system
- Demonstrate a mastery of CTAG or other operating system
- Ability to direct system troubleshooting
- Allocation of maintenance tasks to appropriate technicians and ensure that procedures are followed
- Ensure that records are correctly completed and updated
- Re-ordering of spares and consumables according to company policy
- Ability to review and suggest improvements to preventative maintenance plan
- Can provide advanced instruction in the use of standard test equipment
- Demonstrate commitment to safety by setting the example for safety related topics or events
- Ability to conduct safety meetings and create JSEA's
- Management of Oceaneering's HSE forms
Safe Operating Procedures
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Demonstrate ability to proper conduct and co-ordinate deck operations during dives and maintenance
- Show an understanding of how the environment, both surface and subsea, plays a major role in the operations
- Ability to accurately and effectively instruct or guide junior members on safe operating techniques
- Ability to produce clear comprehensive reports for onshore management and clients
- Ensure correct implementation of logs produced by junior crew members.
- Describe in detail, operation of ROV hydraulic systems (cage, vehicle and deck)
- Describe in detail, operation of ROV electrical and electronic system (cage, vehicle and deck)
- Provides instruction to junior crew members on hydraulic, electrical and electronic system
- Provides instruction to junior crew members on sub-sea structures and operations
- Ability to discuss work scopes with clients, supervisors and junior staff and to suggest improvements or alterations as required
- Ability to provide suggestions to the client on selection of intervention tools
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered Medium/ Heavy work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.