Skills: QA / QC / Inspection, Welding
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Southampton, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The role is to provide assurance that all aspects of the welding and fabrication processes are monitored, approved and meet Client / Industry Standards. Representing our major client to oversee welding activities of their mechanical contractors.
- Monitor fabricators Quality Assurance and Quality Control activities, including
- Review approved Weld Procedures Specifications (WPS)
- Review Procedure Qualification Records (PQR)
- Review Welders Performance Qualification records (WPQ)
- Welding and Fabrication inspection activities. This includes but is not limited to:
- Provide Independent Welding and Fabrication support and advice to the client who you represent
- Check: Visual inspections of weld set up / weld quality, if and when required
- Review and endorse NDT reports in a timely manner
- Prescribe and monitor weld repairs to code
- Witnessing and approval of testing (Hydro testing)
- Verify the application of NDT methods for inspection activities, inform NDE personnel of requirements
- Specify NDE techniques if required
- Maintain client records
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Ensure client site safety requirements are followed at all times, with active promotion of the same.
Promote a strong LPS culture at all times
Ensure personal LPSA carried out as required
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 5 years experience of Welding Inspection Site / Field and Vendor Inspection Fabrication Quality Plans
- CSWIP 3.1 Welding Inspector Level 2 or 3.2 Snr Welding Inspector
- PCN Radiographic Interpretation
- Ability to generate a team approach to problem solving and a good communicator, both written and verbal
- Computer Literate
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- HNC in Fabrication and Welding or related discipline
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.