Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Provide day-to-day specialist mechanical engineering support, e.g., piping standards, Storage Facilities, Fired Equipment and Pressure vessel issues, for the Production Unit to deliver the Refinery Business Objectives.
- Develop, Lead Implementation and Maintains Bukom Engineering Practices (BEP) on Static Equipment and ensures full compliance of mechanical engineering practices with statutory obligations, Engineering Codes of Practices and Shell DEP standards.
- Focal point for developing / updating mechanical engineering policies and guidelines. Develop and Maintain Static Equipment Maintenance procedures. Assume Leader role in implementation of new procedure.
- Provide mechanical engineering inputs for new Capital/Revamp Projects during the Pre-FEED phase of project (i.e. Select phase) or act as Champion to develop the scope of new Capital/Revamp Projects..
- Provide asset owner PUDT with mechanical engineering support to deliver the Refinery Business Objectives.
- Lead and facilitate in Causal Learning Investigation/Root Cause Analysis of major/complex equipment/system problems and provide recommendations to ensure the reliability of these equipment.
- Develop and lead implementation of Asset Master Plan for the Refinery including ECC and utilities units.
- Make proactive contributions for improvement of the maintenance or plant reliability to Production Unit Managers in ensuring technical integrity of the assets, lead and championing reliability improvement programs in the refinery.
- Drive sustainable development and reliable execution of Bukom Total Flange Assurance program. SME for the site TFA process and procedure.
- Develops comprehensive discipline scope for TA and SD scheduled for assigned unit. Provides mechanical support during TA and conduct technical post-mortem reviews of TA execution.
- Lead search and implementation of new technologies, methods and tools to assure safe and productive execution of maintenance tasks.
- Perform Engineering Design verification for existing equipment such as vessels, columns, tanks and heat exchanges using PV Elite, Code Calc, Tank and Disasu software.
- Provide FFS assessment services for static equipment or piping as per API 579 where required. Provide FFS training to young Mechanical Engineers within the team.
- Review and approve the mechanical design of Engineered Clamps for temporary repairs.
- To identify the bad actors and potential threats in static equipment and piping across the site with the support of Operations / Maintenance / Technology teams to arrive with mitigations plan.
- Evaluate technical acceptance of deviation/derogation of mechanical items before it is passed to higher Technical Authority for approval.
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
Candidate to be a strong team player and taking initiative to drive sustainable improvement program for the site.
Skills & Requirements:
At least 10 years of experiences in related Mechanical Engineering and supporting site asset integrity work.
Knowledge in ASME Sec VIII Div 1, TEMA, PD 5500, using PV Elite, Code Calc, FE Pipe for Finite Element Analysis, Caesar II and API 579 for design, fabrication and repair respectively
Knowledge in the different type of NDT Techniques and the applicable codes and acceptance criterions
Knowledge in reviewing different types of temporary repair as per ASME PCC-2 such as Weld patch, Non-metallic composite wrap, Engineered Clamp design, etc
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video