Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Rosharon, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Optimization Engineer position is to create a virtual representation of our downhole products which incorporates the calculations, finite element analysis, computation fluid dynamics, costing and parametric modelling into one system which can optimize the design around the features and performance required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Apply principles of solid mechanics, product line specific calculations, FEA and CFD (among others) to the design of downhole products.
- Use analytical methods (including FEA or CFD) to generate equipment performance ratings and python (or other code) to auto-generate technical data sheets for products.
- Utilize Creo/ProE computer aided drafting (CAD) software to parametrize and conceptualize parts and assemblies
- Apply non-linear and hyperelastic models when working with FEA in Abaqus and/or Ansys
- Understand the mechanics of materials used at high temperature, high pressure and/or corrosive fluid environments.
- Work closely with the design team to integrate design methodologies into automated workflows
- Present status of work to management
- Provide knowledge sharing sessions with the organization and publish papers, patents, etc as applicable
Qualifications and Experience:
- University Bachelor's, Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 3+ years' experience with design engineering involving FEA and CFD
- 3+ years' experience with Abaqus
- Experience with writing code, scripts or software to automate processes and provide some level of optimization
- Ability to author technical documents associated with the mechanical engineering work
- Ability to plan scheduled tasks within guidelines set by senior personnel.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
- University PhD Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 3+ years' experience with CREO
- Experience with downhole tools
- Experience with aPriori, modeFRONTIER, iSight or HEEDS
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.