Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Location: Rosharon, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Apply principles of solid mechanics, envelope calculations, machining processes, and joining and assembly methods to the design of downhole equipment.
- Use analytical methods (including FEA or CFD) to generate equipment performance ratings and create tech sheets for products.
- Utilize Creo/ProE computer aided drafting (CAD) software to design and conceptualize parts and assemblies. Inspect machine drawings and machining tolerances as well as application of GD&T.
- Selection of materials for use in high temperature, high pressure and corrosive fluid environments.
- Apply Design of Experiments methodology to optimize testing, and where necessary apply appropriate failure analysis techniques and data measurement techniques to efficiently determine root cause and mitigate unnecessary design iteration.
- Conduct technical reviews of requirements, specifications, and designs to ensure risks have been identified and mitigated as well as fulfilment of requirements.
- Design and build prototypes and fixtures for testing if required per requirements, set up and run lab simulations.
- Establish testing procedures, conduct tests, document test results, develop client reports, and presentations.
- Create and maintain product documentation (requirements, specification, design, development, integration, test procedures and results) following the Lifecycle Management Process.
- Carry out discussions with field locations to clarify and define the requirements as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University Bachelor's, Master's or PhD Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 3+ years' experience with detailed engineering design
- Experience with downhole tools preferred
- Ability to author technical documents associated with the mechanical engineering process.
- Ability to plan scheduled tasks within guidelines set by senior personnel.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Hands on experience with assembly and testing of downhole tools and accessories.
- Prefer experience with Ansys or Abaqus and/or CFD tools
- CAD experience preferable with Creo/ProE.
- Must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.