Skills: Mechanical Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Rosharon, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assembles, disassembles, maintains, and operates High Pressure / High Temperature (HPHT) test equipment.
- Develops and conducts tests, measurements, and procedures using knowledge of oilfield practices.
- Troubleshoots complex processes and operational problems, diagnosing and repairing equipment.
- Records and analyzes test data and maintains logbook to document results.
- Modifies and builds components relating to high pressure equipment.
- Designs, builds, or troubleshoots simple test fixtures.
- Performs preventative maintenance and maintains records for all HPHT test equipment.
- Conducts training of junior personnel in the set up and use of standard and specialized HPHT equipment.
- Interfaces with vendors to obtain project supplies in a timely and cost-effective matter.
- Observes and enforces all safety regulations and wears all required safety equipment.
- Candidates must be US citizen or green card holder.
EXPERIENCE: One or more years of experience in mechanical, pressure, testing or similar functional area
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or Associate Degree in mechanical area or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS DESIRED: Familiarity with high pressure / high temperature equipment is preferred (e.g., pressure vessels, high pressure pumps, valves, heating/cooling systems, etc.) Familiarity with mechanical assemblies, hydraulics and pneumatics is also preferred. Requires basic hand tool knowledge. Ability to apply basic arithmetic operations, compute rates, ratios, percentages, and understand pressure effects. Familiar with PC software that pertains to job responsibilities (e.g., LabView, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
WORKING HOURS: Hiring for available positions:
2 nd Shift; Workdays: M, T, W, Th, F; Shift start 3:30 PM to Shift End 12:00 AM
3 rd Shift; Workdays: M, T, W, Th, F; Shift start 11:30 PM to Shift End 8:00 AM
4 th Shift; Workdays: F, Sa, Su; Shift start 6:30 AM to Shift End 8:00 PM
5 th Shift; Workdays: F, Sa, Su; Shift start 6:30 PM to Shift End 8:00 AM
Shift premium pay is provided.
Successful applicants will be employed through a Schlumberger approved third-party contracting company and assigned to Schlumberger projects.In certain circumstances, contractors may be considered for direct employment by Schlumberger as vacancies arise, and according to performance.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.