Skills: Electrical Engineering, Metallurgist / Materials Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Clamart, Île-de-France, France
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Industrialization Electrical Engineer is responsible for a robust electro-mechanical design. The Industrialization Electrical Engineer must understand the design and challenge the design team in their choices to ensure a reliable and manufacturable design: component selection, mounting, selection of potting, coatings and adhesives, mechanical design and lead the qualification of sub assemblies and electrical systems for shock, vibration, and thermal environments. The Industrialization Electrical Engineer is also responsible for ensuring a manufacturable design. This includes responsibility for manufacturing process fixtures, instructions and profiles to optimize production yield.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborate in high level design activities and physical implementation of the functional design
- Collaborate with Design team and Component Service Group to select components and validate design choices
- Collaborate with the design engineer and Electrical and Mechanical CAD teams to ensure robust mechanical design optimizing
- Responsible for Design for Assembly (DFA)
- Responsible for electrical system Engineering Product File and manufacturing process instructions including Manufacturing flow chart in compliance with Industrialization Electrical Engineer specifications
- Collaborate with design engineer and Electrical Test Engineer to evaluate test and design capability (strategy, statistical analysis...)
- Coordinate the contract manufacturers board transfer process with Manufacturing Engineer and Supply Chain. Collaborate with Supply Chain and Quality team to implement Traceability and Quality Control Plan in place before transferring to Manufacturing
- Coordinate the prototype building process and ensure proper feedback (Prototype Build Report, Testability, Procurability Analysis) is given to the design team. Inspect parts for quality and reliability standards through Quality traceability applications and First Article Inspections. Lead appropriate corrective and preventive actions (Lean Six Sigma...)
- Coordinate electrical sub-assemblies qualification (Printed Wiring Assemblies, equipped Printed Wiring Assemblies, harness, chassis, integrated chassis, electrical assets such as cartridges...)
- Conduct failure analysis of electronics sub-assemblies
Employees may be assigned other duties in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the company.
- Bachelor or Master degree preferably in Electrical Engineering or Material Science (with maximum 0 to 3 years of experience)
- Knowledge of electrical system design (Printed Wiring Assembly, thermal packaging...) and design qualification methods
- Knowledge of shock and vibration analysis and design qualification methods.
- Knowledge of contract manufacturer processes and practices
- Knowledge of industry standard Design For Assembly tools like Valor
- Strong decision making
- Strong leadership skills and able to effect change through influence
- Strong mentoring/training skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing and field maintenance processes and business systems
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.