Atlantic Shores Offshore Wind Farm LLC is a joint venture between Shell and EDFR and holds the right to a sea bed lease off the cost of New Jersey. The JV aims to develop permit and secure routes to market through state lead RFP processes.Where you fit in
You will be responsible for leading all aspects of environmental and permitting services pertaining to Atlantic Shores Offshore Wind (ASOW); supporting general project development including contributing to a proactive HSSE approach to all works, recognizing and managing risks over the full lifecycle of the asset. Leading the preparation of siting studies required for permit applications and stakeholder engagement; representing ASOW with government agencies and stakeholders.What's the role
Atlantic Shores Offshore Wind Farm LLC is a joint venture between Shell and EDFR and holds the rights to a sea bed lease off the coast of New Jersey. This significant investment requires development and securing of competitive tenders that provide a route to market for the electricity generated.
You will support the design and permitting of project site characterization activities on and offshore; leading federal, state/provincial, and local permit applications - ensuring that value is retained within the works carried out. Your focus will be on setting project milestones for scope, schedule, and budget for all project permitting tasks and ensure that these milestones are met.
You will lead in collaborating directly with other technical groups within ASOW and/or their parent companies, preparing proposals and bids, and giving technical presentations in panel discussions at industry workshops and conferences.Company Description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements What we need from you
You will be comfortable in demonstrating strong and proactive stakeholder relationship management, working collaboratively within a diverse team to achieve the JV vision. You will have strong communication skills, both written and oral in English, with strong drafting and editing skills.
You'll need as many of the following as possible on your CV:
An innovative place to work
- Experience, leading environmental assessments or environmental impact statements compliant with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) for large-scale multi-disciplinary offshore infrastructure projects, including but not limited to offshore wind facilities.
- Experience with projects under the jurisdiction of Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM), Nation Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA); U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE); U.S. Coast Guard (USCG).
- Experience and/or training in relevant fields such marine biology, marine ecology, land use planning, environmental science/engineering, or environmental law/policy or a similar.
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams as project manager and/or director.
- Possesses a politically relevant network in the Northeast U.S.
- Strong track record in technical and/or environmental disciplines related to offshore wind or energy
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently. An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
• We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
• We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
• We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
• We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Disclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.