Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of BHGE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary/Purpose
As a Robotics and Autonomous Systems Engineer you will work with Avitas Systems teams to define, build, and execute strategic research and development programs focused on building Robotics and Autonomous Systems aligned with Avitas Systems Digital Industrial vision.Essential Responsibilities:
- Develop new technology concepts with strategic impact focused on robotics, autonomy, robotic perception, mobile manipulation, and human-robot interaction.
- Lead projects, proposals, relationship building, and the development of new autonomous and robotic systems technology.
- Actively participate in design, architecture, and development efforts.
- Engage with internal and external thought leaders across the robotics technology stack to drive new concepts and applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline with a minimum of 1-3 years of experience in design and development of autonomous systems, robotic systems, simulation environments, and human-robot interfaces.
- Experience related to systems architecture, design, and system integration
- Experience programming in C/C++/Python
- Experience with the Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Experience with machine perception, computer vision, and machine learning
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Houston, TX.
- Must be 18 years or older.
Eligibility Requirement -
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline with experience in design and development of autonomous systems, robotic systems, simulation environments, and human-robot interfaces
- Experience working in an industrial domain (e.g. energy, mining, manufacturing, etc.)
- Experience working with embedded robotics platforms developing online algorithms
- Experience programming in python or ruby.
- Experience with wireless sensor networks, and wireless communication protocols.
- Familiarity with industrial control systems.
- Experience in building agent-based architectures/systems.
- Demonstrated ability to convert high-level customer needs into a technical development strategy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, innovative, willing to pursue new technical areas and capable of working independently.
- Possesses superior problem solving skills, and independent decision making abilities, all while operating in an extremely demanding, fast-paced team setting.
- Strong execution track record
BHGE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. To be considered for this role, you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1101(a)(2) and 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).Location
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more