The Machinist position will support the Supply Chain - Manufacturing Division
that is based in Singapore.Essential Responsibilities:
- Sets-up and operates special purpose equipment, conventional (Turning), and/or numerical control (NC) machines and machining centres for fabrication of metallic and non-metallic parts that hold to the high quality machine standards required within the organization.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as required.
- Must be able to select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Must demonstrate a basic to intermediate skill level (indicate part, turn OD's, and qualify ID and OD) on manual lathe.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires to have experience on MAZAK / Funac controller machine
- Requires to have "TURNING" experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD & T).
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
273 Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim, Singapore