Nevada, United States
Nevada, United States
Skills: Business Development, Sales
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Nevada, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Reporting to the Regional Director - North America for Upstream Minerals, the Regional Manager- USA position is based in Reno, NV and oversees all aspects of operation in USA including sample analyses, employment issues and general business management for the operating line.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Drive profit & loss accountability for operational activities within the USA region and within Upstream Mineral in general
• 2 sites in Alaska (Fairbanks/Juneau) and Nevada (Sparks/Elko)
• 100 direct reports approximately depending on the season and location
• Define and set up the business line to optimize analytical turnaround and meet aggressive growth targets in USA
• Manage and develop people within the Metals & Minerals business line to ensure technical competence and effective communications
• Develop sales and marketing targets and strategy in collaboration with the Business Development team
• Build up and manage top level relations with largest accounts
• Ensures compliance to Group guidelines, including Ethics, Safety, Technical, Quality and Risk Management
• Examines opportunities for work process optimization, including trials of new materials, work methodologies, work station set-up and full support and participation for lean manufacturing programs and implementation strategies.
• Oversee technical operations to ensure quality objectives are maintained for processing and reporting of client sample results
• Technical evaluation of proficiency testing and review of complex client analytical results
• Technical assessment for clients by providing direction on suitable methods for the geochemical evaluation of their samples
• Oversee equipment evaluation process to maintain technical competitiveness within the market place
• Develop business strategy to ensure facilities and equipment are suitable for growth projections
• Review results of internal and external audits and ensure improvements to the system are implemented as applicable and comply with ISO objectives within the framework of the QMS system.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Minimum BSc in Chemistry, Geology or relevant industry experience
• Previous experience in a management role
• Minimum 3 years' experience in a mining lab environment
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizing and time management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills (able to deal with both internal personnel and client issues tactfully and efficiently)
• Able to work independently and as a part of a team
• Creative thinker who demonstrates flair for new ideas and processes
• Capable of adapting to and supporting innovation and change
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.