Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: IT - Software Development, Electrical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Chengdu, Sichuan, China
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:Work in a global and multi-disciplinary team, develop highly reliable control systems, provide direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives.
Essential Responsibilities:You will be responsible for:
• Design and development of software for BHGE BOP Control Systems to include integration with electrical & mechanical systems.
• Work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
• Participate in product development and production design for Surface and Subsea control systems
• Create design documents, test procedures, installation procedures, troubleshooting guides, etc.
• Hold engineering design reviews and execute risk assessments like FMEA
• Prepare and maintain software design files to include test, installation, and troubleshooting procedures as well as design documentation
• Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, the analysis, design, test, or integration required to define and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements
• Create and/or processing of Bills of Material (BOM)
• Participate in team's assignment to address specific organizational initiatives
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
• Adhere to Software Quality processes and procedures
• Able to travel on demand and be able to respond to emergency engineering effort outside regular office hours on as needed basisQualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor's Degree or above in EE, Computer Science, or related
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in process control software development and a working knowledge of the complete software development lifecycle
• Knowledge of remote I/O protocols such as Modbus, Profibus, OPC, etc.
• Experience with PLC platforms like SIEMENS S7-400, SIEMENS s7-1500, TIA Portal, Wincc and Simatic.
• Familiarity of electrical component design.
• Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
• Good team player, ability to work across disciplines, organizations
• "Can do" attitude, embrace challenge with enthusiasm
• Quick learner, self-starter
• Solid oral and written communication skills
• Good written and oral English skills
• Knowledge of Oil and Gas applications and regulations like API 16D, DNV and ABS is preferred
• Knowledge of requirements tool like DOORS
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more