Skills: Coil Tubing, Heavy Machinery Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Successful Equipment Operators are adaptable, show initiative, and have good written and verbal communication skills. They work well in teams and are curious and willing to learn new skills.
- Ensures that the correct equipment and materials arrive on-time on location, and are rigged up, tested and ready to perform the job.
- Ability to rig up/rig down equipment including high pressure rated equipment.
- Attends pre-job meetings with team, customer and third-party personnel.
- Performs risk analysis before each job or task and identifies and addresses potential safety hazards. Corrects and reports hazards immediately.
- Ensures preventive maintenance on equipment is performed as per standards and that unit is in safe, clean and proper working condition for the next service job.
- Performs inspections and self-assessments to ensure compliance with standards.
- Complies with all HS&E, Quality, and IT standards and policies and participates in HS&E and Quality initiatives and programs.
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED).
- Basic PC literacy and experience with Microsoft Office Suite desirable.
- Class A CDL with clean driving record with HAZMAT preferred.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US/Canada, without sponsorship.
- Current Alaska residency preferred.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.