Project Manager / Engineer (Infrastructure)
- Start date - ASAP
- Duration - 6 to 12 months minimum
- Location - Houston, TX
- FLSA - Exempt
- Create all required project management plans, schedules, estimates, strategies, concepts etc. for assigned Project using standardized templates and approaches.
- Create deliverables schedule including information on interfaces with other Projects and provide to the Sr. Project Manager for integration into one effective schedule for the entire Project Group.
- Develop Strategy for Engineering, working with Eng. Mgr., Sr. PM, Discipline Leads
- Work with Engineering Manager to clearly delineate the physical interfaces between Projects and provide input to the Lead Scheduler and PM on effective ways to ensure interfaces are scheduled and managed effectively
- Work with Controls Lead and Scheduler to integrate own Project schedule into a comprehensive and coordinated Project Group schedule that shows the critical path and highlights the areas of required coordination across Disciplines and across Projects
- Perform all standard PM tasks for the Project including scope management, estimating and reporting, cost control, contract plan, scheduling, schedule compliance, risk identification and mitigation, deliverable quality, reports etc.
- Control Project engineering cost, progress and quality performance and make adjustments to ensure objectives are met
- Ensure that Project objectives and deliverables are met during the project phase
- Review any potential changes in design with other project PMs, the Engineering Manager and the Sr. Project Manager to identify any potential negative impacts or needs for additional changes prior to a formal change submission
- Ensure that standards, tools and procedures are being used correctly and consistently within the Project
- Escalate issues that cannot be resolved within the Project to the Sr. Project Manager
- Evaluate any potential changes within the Project against impact on other Projects to ensure implications of the change are well understood prior to submission
- Review and get approval for any requested deviations from technical standards using the standard workflow.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.