Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Shanghai, China
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
CS China NPI team is looking for a Lead Software Engineer with demonstrated software expertise to provide technical leadership in the development and implementation of NPI, RTS, and strategic projects. This engineer will be responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business.
• Be responsible for Control System platform Software and HMI (Human Machine Interface) Software design, development and product support; Be responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast pace. Participate in all stages of development from brainstorming through feature development, all the way to fixing the bugs under a tight release deadline. Produce clear design, excellent implementation and high quality code.
• Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision; Support PLLs and Controlled Title Holders (CTHs) to develop multi generation software technology plans.
• Translate requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories, lead the team to deliver on required timelines and quality standards, and drive increased efficiency across the teams, leverage product and technology reuse.
• Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities.
• Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables.
• Communicate effectively both within immediate team and also across business team and with PLLs.
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assignments consistent with engineering policies and proceduresQualifications/Requirements:- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Good command of oral and writing English, CET-6 level
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience of software development for BS degree candidates; and minimum 3 years for MS degree candidates
- C++/C/MFC/C# design skill is required
- Knowledge of DCS system is a plus
- Strong responsibility and flexibility under work pressure
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills and good team work player
Desired Characteristics:- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments
- Effectively balances different, competing objectives
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Strong customer mindset
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and cope under pressure
- Ability to undertake occasional work on client site
- Strong oral and written communication skills
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more