Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Rijswijk, South Holland, Netherlands
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Where you fit in
Shell has been drilling for energy resources for more than 100 years. Today we produce oil and gas from more than 25,000 wells worldwide, helping meet the world's growing need for energy. The Fluid Evaluation and Sampling Technology team is part of Shell's Projects & Technology organization and plays a key role in realizing high value from the exploration and appraisal wells globally.
The team consist of 10 core members spread across Rijswijk, Houston, London and Brazil and collaborates intensely with Shell's subsurface disciplines, new business development teams, Wireline companies, and laboratories.
What's the role?
As a global Fluid Evaluation and Sampling Technology Petrophysicist, you will work closely together with service companies on Wireline activities. You have an end to end responsibility to ensure desired Well information is unlocked; being mindful of quality, speed, and cost. You typically support a Well appraisal by defining which information and activities are required, tendering the operational activities, contracting Wireline companies and planning and executing operations.
You are responsible for leading the effort in the operations stage. You work closely with the Wireline service provider but are ultimately decisive in setting up the Wireline formation tester, monitoring, optimizing and troubleshooting during and after the operations. It is essential that the - often highly specialistic - outcomes are clearly shared with the dependent parties and if needed processing further in the laboratories.
The role surpasses purely a simple Wireline activity. You are a key player in frequent dialogue with Shell's other subsurface disciplines and new business development teams to realize high-value exploration and appraisal wells.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
• We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
• We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
• We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
• We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
What we need from you
• A degree in Physics or Petroleum Engineering or equivalent
• In-depth knowledge of the design, use, and capabilities of Wireline formation testing tools (e.g., MDT, RDT, RCI / RCX)
• Extensive independent operational offshore Wireline experience and virtually controlled operations
• End to end Wireline experience: pressures, build-ups, fluid sampling, pressure transient analysis, micro frack
• Independent view on tool configurations and an ability to troubleshoot when working with well-known Wireline formation testers like MDT, RDT, RCI / RCX.
• A robust track record of translating and representing Wireline information into high-value decision-making teams
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.