Skills: Crane Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Crane Instructor, on a permanent staff basis, location in Aberdeen
Delivery of high quality training to course delegates through demonstration, coaching and assessment to meet required standards.
- Role will involve delivering training predominantly on offshore installations, so all North Sea offshore certification essential
- Delivery of standard, endorsed, accredited, approved and bespoke training course material to delegates/ clients to industry standards such as OPITO, RTITB, HSE, ECITB, NPORS, MCA and RYA
- Coach and assess delegates/clients during training sessions against relevant standards to ensure they meet the required learning objectives, addressing any learning gaps
- Ensure delivery of training courses are comprehensive, consistently meeting the specified lesson plans against the scheduled timetable
- Ensure all training material is prepared in advance for delegates as well as classrooms being fit for purpose i.e. general tidiness and layout
- Ensure administration procedures are followed from enrolment to certification
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the design of training courses and where appropriate support process of modifying training material
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current health & safety legislation relevant to course delivery and industry standards
- Proactively undertake any personal development required for the role on an adhoc basis as well as any requirements identified in the the competence matrix
- To undertake training to meet the requirements of your role.
- To behave in a manner that respects the differing needs and cultures of the staff.
- To actively participate in an Annual Appraisal and provide evidence to demonstrate achievements towards your 2 Way Deal Assessment.
- To demonstrate the company values and non-negotiable behaviours in delivering a quality service to both internal and external customers.
To identify your development needs within the Annual Appraisal to ensure that any CPD requirements are achieved and demonstrated in practice.?
Assessor qualifications; teaching/ training qualification; Successful completion of qualifications as advised in training matrix.
Dependant upon the role there may be specific qualifications required in order to perform the role such as:
- Crane instructors will be required to hold a current Offshore Stage 3 Crane certificate.
- Moving Load Instructors and Rigging instructors will be required to hold industry competence/ certification.
- Crane Operator Stage 3 certificate
- Operational experience as Crane Operator on offshore installations essential
- Dependant upon the role specific knowledge or experience may be required in one or all of the following areas onshore construction, onshore/ offshore oil & gas industry and/or training and learning environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of people.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to become competent in the theories and practical elements for course delivery; Experience of mentoring and supervising a team / individuals in operational role; Ability to use IT systems e.g. PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Regularly required to stand; sometimes required to work in inclement weather.