Skills: Research & Development, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Milpitas, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
This position is responsible for reviewing the accuracy of data and serving as a technical liaison with clients. Responsibilities include reading and interpreting standards and regulations, conducting technical training, quoting projects, and working with clients to resolve technical problems.
Provide proactive technical assistance to clients by identifying and resolving product issues, along with providing timely and accurate test results and information to both internal and external clients that meet or exceed their expectations.
Major Roles & Responsibilities
- Offer problem resolution, as applicable, for any client issues or questions with the aim of enhancing client satisfaction and improving client relations.
- Understand and interpret standards for appropriate test methods.
- Reviews contract requirements prior to testing in order to assure adherence to client requirements, and coordinates testing between labs.
- Evaluate products submitted for testing for quality / safety issues, providing direction to techs.
- Prepare a variety of samples for testing using prescribed testing methods, following testing standards / specifications, providing direction to techs as required.
- Conducts testing on a variety of consumer products samples using prescribed testing methods, following testing standards / specifications appropriate to the sample, providing direction to techs.
- Follows the guidelines set forth in the Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Services, Inc Quality Manual and Safety / Chemical Hygiene Plan.
- Accurately record test data.
- Evaluate test results data, providing direction to techs and clients.
- Train on sample preparation method and test methods.
- Assist with department testing in other areas, providing direction, as required.
- Prepares and reviews written technical reports and invoices.
- Organizes and monitors workload to meet or exceed laboratory turn around time and client expectations.
- Assist in the coordination of technical & administrative aspects of various departmental projects, providing direction to techs.
- Prepares verbal and written communication to internal and external clients, regarding administrative and technical issues, with direction.
- Provides technical consultation to internal and external clients in a limited scope with direction from senior staff.
- Interface with staff members internally and at other locations on interpretations in order to ensure global consistency with direction from senior staff.
- Research and development of new testing services / methods / procedures / set-ups, in a limited capacity with direction from senior staff.
- Write, train, implement and update lab procedures, test protocols, and technical procedures.
- Calibrate, operate, and maintain testing equipment, maintain supplies, lab cleanliness and analytical instrumentation, as required.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of current regulations / industry standards and products to be tested.
- Make recommendations to clients for testing and inspections in a limited scope.
- Provide interpretations pertaining to compliance, requests, testing issues to clients or client services, in a limited scope.
- Interacts / participates with industry to review and interpret standards in a limited capacity with direction from senior staff.
- Assists in developing materials for and conducting client visits and educational tours.
- Works directly with the client to get further understanding of the client goals and expectations of various projects. Additionally, works with the client after projects are completed to ensure expectations are met or exceeded.
- Adhere to the requirements of the BV-CPS Quality System and assist with the implementation and maintenance of the Laboratory Quality System.
- Provide feedback to department Manager regarding departmental systems, processes and recommendations for improvements.
- Provide technical support to Technicians / External Clients.
- Provide technical training to internal staff.
- Other duties as defined by Manager, department needs and workload.
Additional Responsibilities for Engineer I:
- Evaluate test data. Provide direction to clients relating to other BV internal lab information, as applicable.
- Serve as the main technical contact for external and internal clients.
- Serve as liaison between US clients and BV Global technical testing facilities. Assists in setting company direction for technical interpretations.
- Provide recommendations/interpretations pertaining to compliance, test requests, and testing issues.
- Interact/participate with industry to review and interpret standards.
- Develop materials and conduct client visits and educational tours.
- Provide support for technical and administrative aspects of various departmental projects, providing direction to other staff members as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Method development skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills including the ability to communicate effectively in a group setting, with colleagues and clients
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet or exceed deadlines
- Individual and Team work ethic
- Demonstrate team leadership
- Proficiency with Windows, Word & Excel
- Attention to detail
- Technical problem solving and process improvement skills
- Solid working knowledge of UL, ASTM, ANSI and other regulations and standards relating to consumer products preferred
- Ability to oversee large projects involving multiple staff members
- Knowledge of statistical analysis tools a plus
- Strong technical and mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of testing consumer products from laboratory / manufacturing / QA / QC perspective preferred
Experience and Educational Background Required:
- 4 year degree in a technical/engineering discipline; or
- 2 year degree in a technical/engineering discipline and 2-3 years related experience
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.