Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Field Service Tech
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Florence, Tuscany, Italy
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:BHGE Field Engineers are a vital link providing power to the world. They lead the installation,
maintenance and start-up of a broad range of equipment. This work - cutting edge state-of-the-art
technologies and services - provides for the crucial infrastructure to the world's power generation
network. BHGE Field Engineers before acting as a technical competent person has to be a role model in embracing a culture of HSE, Quality and Compliance pillars to be always promoted worldwide.
Essential Responsibilities:As a Field Engineer you will represent BHGE both technically and professionally to ensure that
equipment is installed, maintained and started properly. Your key responsibilities will include:
• Providing on-site technical direction on control systems installation, including loop checks and system tests during
start-up, commissioning, troubleshooting and maintenance on customer owned sites in remote oilfields, power generation and industrial facilities (Power generation includes customer owned utilities, marine drives,petrochemical, paper, steel, automotive and
• Providing leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites.
Maintaining strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements
within BHGE and customer safety standards.
• Preparation of job-planning documents that define the control system scope of the Installation, upgrade,outage.
• Supervise the positioning and wiring of Control Panels such as Unit Control Panel (UCP), Auxiliary Panels of any type, Direct Current Panel (DCP), battery charger and battery cells, Generator Control & Protection Panel (GCPP), Motor Control Center (MCC), etc, particularly electrical hook up, pneumatic hook up, primary hook up and field wiring done by Client or Sub-Contractor.
• Check the functionality of the control sequencing for all auxiliary systems, relevant to the turbine and driven equipments, such as lube oil system, hydraulic oil system, oil coolers, starting means (motor & torque converter / gas expander / hydraulic starter & pumps / etc.), enclosure and building ventilation systems, gas & fire detection system, compressor seal oil system, compressor dry gas seals system, process gas coolers, fuel and process gas valves, antisurge system, etc.
• Utilizing problem solving skills, engineering instructions, drawings, and process instructions for
Steam/Gas turbine commissioning and start-up.
• Providing input for Daily Outage and Weekly Installation Reports.
• Communicating effectively with Service / Installation / Project Managers and Site Leaders/Site manager on job planning and execution and with Resource Directors regarding site arrivals, departures and job progression.
• Possessing the technical capacity to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for a
wide range of equipment/GE system.
• Preparing timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future
• actively participate to customer and/or contractor meeting and be promoter on their recurrence and following action plan.
• Have knowledge of all Quality procedures and documentation applicable to specific activities and ensure they are properly followed and updated:
• Ensure that Red Flag Review process for New Units Installation is followed and applied;
• Ensure Site Quality Check List/Job Cards/Field Procedure are followed and properly signed;
• Ensure reports and drawings "marked-up" are completed;
• Ensure all RCA and Lesson Learned are addressed properly;
• Ensure all Non Conformity (technical and materials) are properly addressed using GE e-tools and follow up till resolution;
• Ensure compliance with local/current legislation, requests & requirements present in the site Safety Manual;
• Willing to actively participate in NPI (New product Introduction) training to acquire MultiskillQualifications/Requirements:• Engineering Degree/High School Technical Diploma or equivalent business experience.
• Proven years of related work experience, preferably in the energy or Oil & Gas industry.
• Strong knowledge on rotating equipment installation/maintenance; philosophy of Gas Turbines OR Centrifugal Compressors, OR Reciprocating Compressors, OR Steam Turbines and their auxiliaries (i.e. lube oil system, fuel gas system, seal gas system, steam system).
• Fluent command of oral and written Italian.
• European Work permit
• Excellent command of oral and written English.
• Strong customer service-orientation, and the ability to communicate effectively with a range of
• Proven ability to work efficiently without direct supervision.
• Environmental, Health and Safety mindset and compliance.
• This role requires extensive travel. Applicants must be willing and able to travel significantly (not
less than 70%) without geographical restriction including offshore.
Desired Characteristics:• Bachelor's degree in Engineering is preferred
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Proven analytical and quality improvement ability
• Mapping DLE/DLN experience
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more