Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Rotating Equipment
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Brief Posting Description
- Acts as Ultimate technical authority in Rotating Equipment Design, Engineering and Selection responsible for assuring that design is optimum, HSE compliant and meets operational requirements.
- Acts as the technical Advisor in the field of Rotating Equipment and provides necessary guidance/advice to the various Asset Teams within EMPD and other divisions.
- Acts as the technical advisor to EMPD Management on the development of corporate guidelines that involves the Rotating Equipment inputfor piping, pipelines, static equipment and process packages, including issuessuch as advice on technical queries through different projects phases up to commissioning and also troubleshooting during operation
- Acts as the technical authority in Rotating Equipment discipline. This includes approval of all technical deviations as raised by either Project teams or Forums , approval of various Reviews Closed out Reports such as HAZOP, HAZID, 3-D Model Review, Value Engineering, Peer Technical Reviews (PTRs)
- Leads/Participates in various design reviews including Hazop/ HAZID, 3-D Model Review, Value Engineering and Peer Technical Reviews in the different phases of the project (Concept/FEED/EPC) to ensure the technical soundness of Mechanical Design.
- Leads/Participates in various task force/committees such as development of field development plans, trouble shooting in the existing plants or development of guidelines related to certain new technologies.
- Encourages knowledge transfer and sharing of know-how and good practice amongst the engineering and operation teams and across the company .Acts as Forum Facilitator/Secretary so as to promote Knowledge Sharing amongst the various Engineers within ADCO.
- Participates/Leads and directs the preparation and presentation of Screening/Option Analysis (Stage-4) and Conceptual Design (Stage-6) work related to new fields development in all field areas, as required by ADCO?s Major Projects Approval Process (MPAP).
- Initiates, directs and coordinates the standardization of Rotating Equipment, including design basis, specifications, selection and philosophies. Ensures correct and consistent design practices (such as codes and standards, specifications and philosophies) are applied across various projects in different fields
- Keeps abreast, of relevant advanced development technologies in Rotating Equipment. This includes participating, attending and representing the Company in conferences, seminars, Society of Engineers, and trade shows to identify new methodologies and technologies of interest to the Company. Adopts new technology applications in cost effective integrated manner to promote business efficiency. Initiates, directs, support the implementation, monitors and evaluates new technology issues related to company?s business needs.
- Participates in the ongoing training and development of UAE national employees assigned to him. Includes assessing training and development needs, directing the preparations of structured familiarization / development programs, monitoring progress and counseling employees as required.
- Ensures effective implementation of Company?s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy in all areas of work under his / her control and taking corrective actions when necessary.
- Carries out other similar or related duties such as researching technical information, liaising with counterparts in ADNOC, other OPCOs and shareholders, preparing activity reports and presentations, carrying out independent investigation into technical matters as assigned
- B.Sc. Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 15 Years of Mechanical Engineering Design experience of which 10 Years should be in a senior engineer position in the oil and gas industry.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication, reporting , presentation and facilitation skills
Physical Requirement : Minimal
Work Environment : Normally an air-conditioned office, with occasional field visits where the incumbent is exposed to prevailing weather conditions for approximately 10% of the working time