Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:Reporting to Digital Technology Team leader, the Software Engineer will be responsible for SAP solutions for all business processes and related custom developments. The candidate will establish operating rhythm with Program Managers/Project Managers/Business Process Leaders/ Business users to collaborate on Projects implementation- Rollouts/support opportunities for simplification/standardization/Improvements.
Essential Responsibilities:In this role, you will:
• Participate in complete SAP projects / roll-outs.
• Collaborate with Technical and Functional leads, Project Managers, and cross functional stakeholders/partners for development activities.
• Establish, promote and drive best practices in software development across the entire SDLC.
• Demonstrate and maintain a commitment to quality, security, efficiency, and maintainability.
• Demonstrate and mentor maturity and an understanding that code alone does not equal a finished product. Help foster and maintain excellent documentation practices and a belief that maintainable code, with an ample knowledge base of accurate and current documentation is a software development best practice.
• Be accountable for the quality of solutions delivered by project and support teams and to the best of your ability assist BPLs, SMEs, other developers, and end users in excellent testing guidance.
• Provide technical leadership in providing solution designs, development reviews.
• Effectively communicate in an ever changing, highly matrix organization
• Coordinate process design or re-engineering with internal project manager(s)
• Under limited supervision, design, implements codes test and maintain automated and manual processes in support of business needs and/or corporate strategy.
• Coordinate process design or re-engineering with utilizing internal project management methodology.
• Acts as liaison between global implementation teams and business partners while eliciting requirements for process improvement.
• Work with customers to understand their business processes and needs while managing expectations within the scope of existing business strategies.
• Build and manage business cases to justify projects that fall within scope.
• May coordinate user support efforts and craft solutions to complex problems.
• Provide technical leadership on complex projects.
• May be responsible for multiple phases of a project.
• Formulate/define system scope and objectives.
• Lead project/work teams and instruct, direct and check the work of less experienced personnel.
• Provide support for complex business applications.
• Ability to translate business requirements into technical design documentations.
• Additional responsibilities include code and design review of IT applications.Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, or Engineering or 10 years of IT technical experience
• Minimum 7 years of IT professional experience
• Minimum 3 years of professional experience in Software Development
• Minimum 3 years of SAP ECC 6.0 experience
• Excellent, demonstrable oral and written communication skills
• English language proficiency, both spoken and written
• Experience in new implementations / roll-out /Enhancements and Support.
• Experience in all technical aspects of custom development in SAP environment including reports, forms (SAP Script and Smart Forms), Enhancements, Interface development and conversion.
• Experience and knowledge of all interface/conversion development techniques in SAP - Files, RFC, IDOCs, Proxies, Web Service, LSMW.
• Experience with
o Object Oriented ABAP
o SAP Workflow
o ABAP Query
o Search Helps (aka. Match Codes)
o Field Exists
o Debugging utilities
o Understanding of how Call Transactions(with Batch Data Communication)functions
o Understanding of how BAPIs function
o Understanding of how Enhancement Points function.
o Testing documentation
• Experience of leading a team, doing technical reviews, setting development standards.
• Good cross functional knowledge as required for technical lead level with proficiency in at least 1 module.
• Experience of working in a structured environment, following software engineering practices.
• Experience in working with globally distributed multi-cultural teams
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Highly motivated, Self-starter
• Able to travel overseas
Desired Characteristics:• 6+ years experience with CMMI-5 company.
• Strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
• Applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
• Demonstrated customer focus - evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer.
• Strong analytical and strong problem-solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans
• Strong cross-functional collaboration and influencing skills from both a strategic and technical standpoint across the function and business in a complex global matrix organization. Places high emphasis on strategy & influence. Ability to influence at the peer level is key.
• Ability to decompose problems and make decisions when problems or solutions are not 100% defined.
• Experience and understanding of the Systems Development Lifecycle
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Power Point, Excel, Word, and Outlook
• A questioning attitude and a willingness to ask "why" until the right problem is identified and the right solution can be developed
• Exposure to new dimensional SAP technologies like Fiori and SAP HANA
• Exposure to project management tools, SAP-BI, ABAP-HR, SAP PI
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more