The purpose of this role is to provide technical support and leadership for reliable and efficient operations of heat transfer equipment at the Norco Manufacturing Complex. This includes both fired and unfired equipment such as furnaces, boilers, air preheaters, air-cooled heat exchangers, plate-and-frame heat exchangers, and shell-and-tube heat exchangers. The successful candidate will work with Operations, Engineering, Process, and Pressure Equipment Integrity to ensure we continually meet the requirements for heat transfer equipment at the site.
The Heat Transfer Engineer is accountable for:
- Working with site Thermography Specialist to evaluate and monitor equipment utilizing IR thermography.
- Acting as site wide focal point for Equipment Integrity issues related to heat transfer equipment.
- Providing training and mentoring to Operations and other disciplines at the site around heat transfer.
- Coordinating site wide issues related to fired and unfired equipment including equipment integrity, reliability, compliance, operational excellence, and emissions to air.
- Providing technical support for Boiler MACT and other related regulatory programs for fired equipment.
- Providing technical assurance for plant projects and MOC's that affect fired and unfired heat transfer equipment.
- Providing technical assurance on the design, selection, construction, commissioning, and start-up of heat transfer equipment.
- Providing technical assurance on the design, selection, construction, and maintenance of refractory materials and refractory-lined equipment in consultation with refractory specialists.
- Assisting in the planning and execution of heat transfer equipment maintenance.
- Assisting with the inspection of heat transfer equipment inspections during turnarounds.
- Developing requirements for correction of deficiencies on heat transfer equipment.
- Providing expert advice on maintenance and operational issues, including troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Supporting and guiding operations in measures to improve efficiency.
- Developing and supporting new heat transfer equipment technologies.
- Providing operational support during start-up, troubleshooting, and incident and near-miss investigation.
- This role supports both the refinery and chemical plant assets.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree in any related course.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in process controls in the field of heat transfer equipment.
- Background in refinery or petrochemical plant processes, and material properties.
- Technical knowledge with HTRI & FRNC5 is an advantage.
- Candidate must possess excellent communication, analytical, and problem solving skills and have the ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- Self-starter who can set own goals and direction with minimal supervision.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.