Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for ARMO Technician (Electro/Mechanical) Broussard, LA.Essential Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, test, assemble, disassemble and perform visual inspection of electro-mechanical assemblies
- Assist in reworking, repairing and modifying non-conforming equipment
- Perform complex and difficult tests with minimal instruction and documentation
- Ability to identify and communicate technical problems by using logical troubleshooting techniques
- Provide coaching to other technicians in areas of proven competence
- Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures
- Must be able to lift up to 55lbs.
- Must be will to travel up to 30 days at a time if needed, to other BHGE locations, domestic and international when needed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Advanced skills in soldering and assembling of electro-mechanical devices
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints and parts lists and follow formal procedures and maintenance practices
- Proficient in the use of multi-meters, mego-hm meters, hi-pot testers and other basic instruments
- Proficient in the use of measurement and gauging equipment and processes
- Advanced computer skills
- Technical diploma or Associates degree in Electrical or Mechanical field
- Versed in fluid power technology, AC/DC circuits and electro-mechanical devices. Proficient in the use of oscilloscopes.
- 3+ years maintenance related experience in electro-mechanical function or minimum
- 3+ years relevant industrial experience (Airline, Military, Oilfield, Automotive, Electronic)
- Ability to operate crane/hoist and pallet jack
- Knowledge of power and pneumatic tools and their uses (examples: drill, grinder, polisher, sander, screwdriver, wrenches and sockets)
- Knowledge of workshop equipment and their uses (examples: air compressor, cleaning equipment, grease gun, hoist, jack, lifting equipment, measuring equipment, diagnostic equipment)
- Knowledge of measuring equipment and their uses (examples: tapes, dial test indicator, micrometer, torque wrenches, vernier calipers)
- Proficient in reading/interpreting assembly blueprints and following written and verbal work instructions
- Forklift experience
- Troubleshooting skills
- Electrical experience
- Ability to work shift work.
- Must be able to work in the US, for any employer, without sponsorship.
- Availability to work overtime, weekends and holidays, if required
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more