At Baker Hughes we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
Baker Hughes has an opening for a Refinery Site Manager - Downstream Chemicals in Whiting, IN. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action EmployerEssential Responsibilities:
As a Refinery Site Manager you will have an excellent opportunity to manage all Baker Hughes business and manage a team of BH personnel.
- Assist with the development of short and long range sales goals for refinery
- Lead and develop a team of account managers, representatives and chemical technicians
- Ensure compliance with BH Sales and Service Standards at customer account
- Engage and communicate with plant management at customer facility
- Support all customer needs on a daily basis - troubleshooting/optimization/etc...
- Identifies and closes new sales growth opportunities for BH
- Supervise all account managers, representatives and technicians on daily business needs
- Develop skills and careers of all BH employees at site
- Motivate Team and Drive value-added projects to completion
- Interact / entertain plant management members to maintain customer intimacy
- Prepare / attend monthly and quarterly business reviews for refinery business teams and management
- Prepare, submit, and forecast monthly billing statements
- Interfaces across the internal organization
- Builds strong relationships with key customers through value-selling and entertainment
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical Field (Chemical Engineering preferred)
- 5+ years' refinery chemical sales / service experience
- Management / supervisor experience
- Proven track record of successful sales achievements
- Excellent communication / organization skills are a must
- Strong understanding of refinery processes, process and water treatment programs (demulsification, corrosion control, fouling control, water treatment and finished fuel additives)
- Provide routine field technical and troubleshooting support
- Experience in bidding process in refinery setting a plus
- 5+ years of people management / development experience
- 10+ years refinery engineering / chemical sales / service experience
- Excellent financial management skills and / or P&L management experience