VALVE TECHNICIANS FOR ST CROIX VIRGIN ISLANDS
The Valve Technician will perform hands on maintenance, troubleshooting/assessment, and repair work on valves (PSV) based on the associated skill level and/or at Law Valve. Primary job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Interface with customer plant personnel and Law Valve personnel to perform hands-on workshop and/or on-site valve troubleshooting/assessment, maintenance, testing (pre/post), and/or repair of valves and actuators.
- Perform PSV testing utilizing certified test equipment and complete all QA/QC documentation as required by the VR program (if skilled).
- Perform hands-on workshop and/or on-site disassembly, inspection, reporting, cleaning, and reassembly of valves and actuators. Machine material and/or parts with various machining equipment.
- Ensure work and used materials are in compliance with manufacturer specifications.
- Read and interpret schematics for assembly, repair, and reassembly as required including completion of applicable quality documentation in either paper or electronic form.
- Perform failure assessments and make recommendations to the on-site Law Valve supervisor as required.
- Perform day-to-day and routine safety observations and inspections.
The ideal candidate should have strong skills in the following:
- Trade School diploma/certification or equivalent years of experience.
- Good interpersonal skills for daily interaction with customers and fellow employees.
- Understanding of pressure and ability to service valves in a production environment.
- Familiar with NBIC, ANSI and ASME codes and their applications.
- Basic understanding of electrical wiring schematics/P&IDs and the ability to read and interpret maintenance and repair manuals for use in troubleshooting and repairing mechanical assemblies.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to maximize efficiency.
- Operational experience in the oil and gas industry with respect to system operations and valves.
- Additional mechanical skills including but not limited to machining and welding.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose systemic problems.
- Willing to be trained in skills other than the primary skill.
Must be capable to work in conditions that are consistent with manufacturing and service organization consisting of work environments ranging from a workshop to on-site at a heavy industry facility. A variety of tools and processes will be encountered by the selected candidate and work will involve frequent lifting of objects weighing up to 80 lbs. Individual must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Must pass an initial alcohol and drug test and adhere to all company policies including the Drug and Alcohol Policy for continued employment. Loose-fitting clothing and jewelry will not be permitted, and long hair must be tied back.
Job Type: Full-time
- valve technician: 3 year (Required)
Education:- High School