Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Rosyth, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Quality Assurance Supervisor will provide support to the manufacturing business units by implementing Oceaneering's Quality Management System (QMS) & related tools /processes to accelerate business results, as well as identify, measure and improve key performance indicators (KPIs) such as Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) and on time delivery (OTD).
- Develop a common understanding of alignment and direction regarding the processes that are business unit specific vs. the processes and systems the can be provided from the shared services organization.
- Manage a team of quality engineers and internal quality support teams by integrating, aligning and adjusting resources based upon the critical needs of the organization.
- Identify competency needs for quality engineering positions and internal quality support functions, coach, mentor and establish development plans and performance reviews in order to ensure effective performance and achievement of business objectives.
- Develop, maintain, and trend business and operational KPIs (COPQ, OTD, Service Level Agreement KPIs, etc) to define, facilitate, plan resources, implement, and validate continuous improvement and Operational Excellence (OE) projects.
- Define / identify, record, track, maintain, and validate the following:
- Internal and external customer feedback data.
- Non conformances, corrective actions, preventive actions, internal and external audit program
- Risk mitigation plans
- Ensure requirements that are Critical to Quality (CTQ's) and Critical to Process (CTP's) are defined, understood and aligned with current capabilities, managed to ensure conformance, and clearly identified in the operational and business processes. Identify and propose improvement opportunities to the operational and business processes.
- Support and collaborate with business leaders to identify and devise solutions through the use of Lean and Six Sigma tools to ensure sustainable improvements in our operational and business processes.
- Work with line management to develop an understanding and appropriate use of risk assessment (e.g. FMEA, FMECA), root cause analysis, non-conformance, corrective action, and COPQ collection and reduction tools.
- Maintain the management system by reviewing, verifying, approving, and developing or facilitating the development of procedures, as necessary.
- Ensure the independent asset, product, and component inspection function is in accordance with industry standards, regulatory statutes, and customer requirements.
- Responsible for conducting an annual supplier risk assessment in collaboration with Supply Chain and the business units and establishing if supplier development or audit is required based upon risk, business needs, and impact.
- Support the organization's drive towards excellence in Health and Safety performance. This includes but is not limited to conducting Stop observations, attending HSE related meetings, supporting HSE improvement projects and any other related task deemed appropriate by the Manager.
- Can supervise support team and/or entry- level specialists with operational focus.
- Can focus on coaching, coordination and delegation of operational work responsibilities.
- Applies knowledge specific to area of responsibility.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Consistently display required levels of engagement and a positive `can-do` attitude while consistently supporting Oceaneering culture of Safety, Quality, ongoing learning and continual improvement.
- Any other roles or tasks as required to support our business needs
- Coaches and mentors in use of the improvement model and appropriate analytical tools.
- Assists in the preparation of budget and performance reports.
- Understand when and how to establish requirements of gage calibration and perform, validate Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Facilitate and provide appropriate supporting data for management review for local business units.
- Facilitate/support external audits for site certifications verify and distributing work to BU as necessary), internal and external audits.
- Develop, maintain, ensure implementation and evaluate conformance to inspection and testing plans (ITPs), Incoming Quality Control plan (IQCPs), quality plans.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company. Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- This position reports to the Quality Manager. The position may be required to temporarily assume the roles and responsibilities of the Quality Manager.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, preferably in Quality, Mechanical, Electrical or equivalent experience
- Minimum five (5) to eight (8)+ years of experience in Quality Engineering/Continuous Improvement role with demonstrable evidence of systems and process improvement.
- Must have extensive working knowledge of ISO 9001 QMS requirements.
- Green belt certified proven experience
- Experience working in an environment such as oil & gas products, automotive, medical device is preferred
- Facilitation training desired
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification desired
- Auditor experience desired
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to analyze situations accurately, utilizing a variety of analytical techniques in order to make well informed decisions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Shares information, advice, and suggestions to help others to be more successful; provides effective coaching
- Skill to recognize and determine the need to shift priorities, and/or resources to maximize unit operations and/or address changes in assigned goals and objectives.
- Knows when to escalate critical issues to own or others' management, if own efforts to enlist support have not succeeded
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.