This role is for the Polyflow BHGE business within Oilfield Equipment division of BHGE.
The Polyflow Field Support Technician (FST) is responsible for the training of contractors in the proper installation procedures for Polyflow's Thermoflex® tubing. The technician also oversees the installation of a project including the coupling of the pipe, inspection of the trenches and backfill, hydro testing and other aspects of the project.
The position is "hands-on," requiring training in the field and interaction with the installation crews as well as engineers and project managers. Because various jobs will present a number of challenges in soil conditions, weather, terrain, etc., a trained Polyflow technician will have to adjust his or her training program to the project at hand.Essential Responsibilities:
- Site evaluation
- Collaboration with customer and/or contractor installing pipe
- Training on all aspects of proper pipe and/or coupling installation and machine usage.
- Hands-on installation, swaging, machine usage.
- Problem resolution and corrective action in the field.
- Documentation of installation and situations in the field.
- Transportation of pipe, equipment, or other necessary tools, equipment, and supplies as required.
- Quick response to the field as necessary.
- Ability to hydro test or train on hydro testing of pipe.
- Safety adherence and counsel on safe methods to contractors in the field.
- Collaboration with sales personnel on opportunities for sales, new products, or product improvements.
- Training on proper spool and pipe handling.
- Inspection of pipe, couplings, and equipment and reporting back on the conditions of these to management and sales personnel.
- High school graduate/GED/Equivalent
- 0-5 years of work experience
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more