Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Princeton, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The Sr Process Engineer is a key role and will be responsible for both operations of a process area and driving process technology improvements for the site. The incumbent will be monitoring and optimizing unit operations throughout the Princeton refinery via daily parameters, KPI's, laboratory results and stream data analysis, computer aided simulation, process control, independent research, improvement projects/programs and good engineering practices. This position is expected to interact daily with plant personnel including managers, supervisors, operators, etc. to identify, develop, and manage process improvement projects.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide engineering support for an operating area consisting of multiple units to achieve operational goals of process safety, HSE compliance, consistent and high product quality, efficiency improvement, unit cost reduction in the production of intermediate and finished products
- Work may include process design, process optimization, process modeling, equipment design, chemical system improvements, new product development, debottlenecking, use of alternate raw materials, safety and environmental compliance, improving process control, development and implementation of improvement initiatives or other work related to process improvement
- Interface with other plant functions including HSE, Operations, Engineering, Maintenance, Lab, etc.
- Work will require working independently as well as part of a team
- Development KPI metrics/monitoring systems and tools to drive efficiency improvements and identify opportunities for improvement
- Analyze daily unit operating parameters and lab data for overall plant performance (safety, quality, efficiency, reliability, and throughput)
- Use simulation software for process modeling for evaluation of overall unit and equipment performance
- Monitor utilities required for unit operations performance, measure performance and identify/implement improvement opportunities to improve utility efficiency
- Develop and generate on stream and utilization reports for processing unit equipment
- Drive resolution of the site PSM program tasks by working with other functions to ensure compliance and implement improvements
- Develop and maintain unit operating Process Safety Information
- Initiate and review Management Of Change for unit operations
- Develop and improve unit Operating Procedures, Training materials and Operating Limits
- Maintain Process & Instrument Diagrams, PFD's, Process Schematics, Block Diagrams
- Lead/Participate in Process Hazard Analysis reviews
- Address PHA action items requiring process engineering support
- Provide process engineering/technology expertise to the site for all areas including crude distillation, hydrogen generation, hydrotreating, amines unit, sulfur recovery unit, utilities, etc.
- Monitor and optimize catalyst operating conditions to maximize useful life, rate, cost and yield performance
- Lead/Participate in HSE incident investigations and customer complaints
- Interact with maintenance for discussion and input on repair and maintenance procedures
- Provide support during turnarounds and assist in inspection/verification of process equipment
- Develop capital project scopes
- Interface with outside contractors as needed
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering in Petroleum or Chemical Engineering preferred
- At least 10 years of experience in a refinery with process engineering/plant support experience
- Experience with crude oil distillations, hydrogen reformers, hydrotreating, amines recovery, sulfur recovery, etc.
- Familiar with process modeling and simulation software, PRO II
- OSHA PSM, PHA's, PSSR's, MOC, etc
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong process technology, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering in Petroleum or Chemical Engineering
- Highly organized, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to multitask and handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Good communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to spend time in the field
About Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P.
A Commitment to Excellence in Hydrocarbon Specialty Products
Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ: CLMT) is a master limited partnership and a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products in North America. Calumet processes crude oil and other feedstocks into customized lubricating oils, solvents and waxes used in consumer, industrial and automotive products; produces fuel products including gasoline, diesel and jet fuel; and provides oilfield services and products to customers throughout the United States.
Calumet is based in Indianapolis and produces nearly 3,500 unique specialty products used in the development of the world’s most trusted brands and products. Calumet is vertically integrated and holds a comprehensive portfolio of branded products for use in commercial, industrial, and consumer applications. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, the company employs approximately 1,600 people and operates 10 facilities across North America, including 9 specialty products manufacturing and production facilities. Calumet products and services are available in approximately 52 countries across the world; serving approximately 4,400 customers globally.