Skills: Facilities Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Westhill, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Shutdown Engineer for a contract position, located in Westhill with occasional visits offshore.
The Modifications and Campaigns Team is embedded within the Operations department. This position will support the Shutdown Superintendent to prepare, deliver and close out shutdown scope with particular reference to mechanical scopes of work, materials management and vendor management.
During the shutdown period the incumbent will be expected to attend site and coordinate manpower and materials across all disciplines as instructed by the Shutdown Superintendent.
- Identify, review and assess work scopes
- Breakdown scopes into appropriate discipline tasks and ensure that appropriate discipline resources and man hours are allocated.
- Create and edit SAP work orders for applicable scopes.
- Manage movement of shutdown materials from warehouse to Site using SAP system (training provided on Company specific aspects).
- Work with Site personnel regarding work site preparation and space management
- Expedite data from Site and Office personnel required for shutdown scopes.
- Creating bills of materials and Vendor service descriptions.
- Prepare requisitions for items such as piping components, valves and vendor services plus associated delivery expediting etc.
- Assist with development of repair plans to mitigate schedule risks from discoveries during shutdown period.
- Coordination of deliverables such as job specific risk assessments, work permits, lifting plans, rigging equipment.
- Input and update key deliverables including plan and attend planning meetings.
- Carry out site visits for familiarization and scope development.
- HNC/HND in engineering subject.
- Familiar with operational aspects of offshore hydrocarbon production units including isolation of plant and flushing of hydrocarbons.
- Familiar with the content and use of technical specifications for equipment such as piping, valves, pressure vessels, vessel internal components and heat exchangers.
- Familiar with flange management practices and procedures
- Previous field experience would be advantageous
- Computer literate with experience using SAP software
- Full suite of offshore survival and medical certification