Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Duncan, Oklahoma, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Works in a dynamic environment that has high expectations for project execution in safety, quality, cost and schedule performance, which requires the incumbent to demonstrate accuracy, initiative and the ability to multi-task as essential skills. Performance in the design, packaging and engineering work for mobile, off-highway or offshore equipment and associated subsystems that are used to perform pressure pumping services for oil and gas wells.
Job scope potentially requires:
- Development of new products for new markets or the revision/modification/repackaging of existing products to meet customer requirements.
- May act as project technical leader, involving development of the general arrangement (layout) of all equipment for the application and the oversight of all technology, such that all systems operate together for a high quality, functional product.
- Needs to have the experience to develop one or more systems or components, such as process pumps, piping systems, fluid power systems, power train systems, and/or structures.
- Proficient in the use of classical and/or digital engineering analysis methods.
- Responsible for continually keeping the project management leader up-to-date on the work content (person-hours), the duration (calendar time) for the completion of all assigned tasks and the estimated cost of the assigned components and/or systems.
- Responsible for the completion of technical engineering tasks on a system-level from quotation through to commissioning. In the process, you will be expected to take into account customer specifications as well as time and budget requirements.
- Coordinates with project leads to deliver on project scope, schedule and services by assessing input requirements and applying functional specifications.
- Processes data, writes engineering reports, and diagnoses equipment system malfunctions.
- Provide assistance to Manufacturing during assembly and alpha testing
- Applies functional specifications and uses engineering tools to design hardware for product changes, new development, unitization and integration into trailers/vessels/skids.
- Contributes in reliability analysis such as risk assessments, FMEA, etc.by gathering and examining data.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with multi-disciplinary teams, both Technical and Manufacturing assembly and support personnel.
- May participate in professional societies in area of specialization.
- Experienced with: Ansys/AutoCad/MathCad/Solidworks.
- Experience with design and installation of machinery, and their support systems such as hydraulic, pneumatic and instrumentation.
- Knowledge of International rules (i.e. ABS, DNV) and standards (i.e. ISO 9001)
- Knowledge of applicable equipment standards (i.e. SAE, NFPA, US DOT, ASME)
- Skills acquired through the completion of a degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Minimum educational requirement of a master's degree and zero years' experience or bachelor's degree and two or more years' related experience as a Mechanical Engineer, preferably within the off-highway or offshore oil & gas industry. Working in packaging/unitizing equipment is a plus.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience and skills, a variety of job opportunities might be available including Mechanical Engineer, Sr. Mechanical Engineer up to a Principal Mechanical Engineer.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
2600 South 2nd St , Duncan , Oklahoma , 73533 , United States
Requisition Number: 76303
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Production Enhancement
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.