Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Unconventional portfolio has multiple assets split primarily between Argentina, US & Canada as well as a number of exploration plays in the Americas. This role covers the Argentina Assets. These assets are in the operation, development and exploration Stages.
Shell has maintained a presence in Argentina since 1914. In 2018, Shell's Downstream investments were sold to Raízen and a corresponding restructuring was undertaken to ensure the Upstream Unconventionals business can operate on a stand-alone basis. The Argentina Unconventional Venture targeting the Vaca Muerta shale was initiated in early 2012 following the successful farm-in into three blocks in the Neuquén Basin. The current portfolio includes 4 operated and 3 non-operated blocks. In November 2018, it was approved the Harvest decision in the Sierras Blancas, Cruz de Lorena and Coiron Amargo Sur Oeste blocks. It includes full-scale development of oil and gas extraction area.
All assets have partners and require independent management.
Finance Advisors serve as the face of Finance for opportunities or challenges prioritised based on value and risk. They are responsible for the delivery of Finance capability required to support a set of clearly defined business outcomes across multiple activities/assets.
The Finance Advisor will for a variety of activities/opportunities assigned to them by the Pool (Finance) Manager based on Value/Risk (e.g. control frameworks concerns, performance management system issues, large investments, complex contracts) depending on the requirements, of the specific activity:
- Deliver the full suite of Finance support (including tax, treasury, accounting and structuring) autonomously and coordinate the involvement of CoEs above pre-agreed thresholds.
- Independently ensure that a proper functioning control framework is in place and that risks are properly understood, reflected and managed.
- Independently ensure value and risks are made transparent and understood in both decision making and in performance management.
- Ensure a fit for purpose performance management system is in place.
- In activities where FO and Business act together to deliver, lead/initiate structural improvement projects and leaves the accountability for delivery with the accountable people (the Finance Advisor is explicitly not acting as an ad hoc fixer to mitigate process performance issues)
- Brings new proposals of high value activities to the Pool Manager who decides on the resource allocation. For example (in initiating digitalisation projects and acting as a connector between FO and the business)
- Actively look for opportunities to reduce non value adding Finance activity ("demand management")
- Maximise use of Finance Operations in delivery of processes.
The Finance Advisor, as part of a pool supporting the business:
- Work on various opportunities across multiple activities/assets and are not dedicated to a specific activity, asset or business partner. The work they perform will change over time and be prioritised based on value and risk, and professional development.
- Will on specific projects/transactions work with business stakeholders to work as the voice of Finance.
- Acts across organisational boundaries as required in the specific activity.
Finance Advisors demonstrate/have/develop:
- Bachelors Degree from an acredited university.
- 7-10 years of related experience.
- Expertise across the spectrum of Finance competences.
- Solid background in the Oil&Gas Industry is desired.
- Ability to gain the confidence of various internal and external parties building on strong knowledge and understanding of the business drivers, value and risk
- Problem solving mindset with the courage to ensure professional financial rigor is applied to commercial decision-making process and risk management bringing analytics and insights to the table
- Project management skills and flexibility given the support across multiple activities/assets
- Ability to rapidly understand the specific business or function context for which activities in the pool concept are linked to.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.