Skills: Civil Engineering
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Richmond, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Construction Manager - Richmond, UK
Leap29 are representing an engineering services provider specialising in hygienic M&E systems and contract engineering services, working in the food, dairy, beverage, pharmaceutical and personal care industries.
Responsibilities of the Construction Manager
Direct Reports:Site Engineers & Site Team Assistant
• Manage the design and documentation prepared by the engineering consultants and contractors.
• Ensure the design documentation is completed in a detailed and thorough manner.
• Ensure the design documents are fully coordinated between consultants and contractors prior to issuing for construction.
• Ensure all necessary Authorities approvals are obtained.
• Manage the various contractors and administer the contracts.
• Manage the coordination of the activities by the various contractors on site.
• Avoid or mitigate any potential variation and EOT claims from the contractors.
• Provide regular updates on progress on site and any key issues.
• Manage the costs to be within the budget allowances.
• Manage the design and progress on site in accordance with the project programme.
• Encourage a culture on site of safe working and no injuries.
• Ensure the construction activities are carried out in accordance with Authorities' regulations/approvals.
Required Experience of the Construction Manager
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
• Experience in construction projects and managing multiple contractors
• Organized and have ability to plan ahead
• Good problem solving skills
• Strong negotiator and communicator
• Confident, determined and persistent with a can do attitude
• Strong willed and team oriented
• Able to explain things clearly
• Attitude for good document control and management
• Willing to challenge and is persistent on getting answers
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!