Skills: HR - General, HR - Recruitment
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Dedicates face time to ensure employee support through interaction and feedback
- Organizes and conducts employee information meetings on employment policy, benefits and compensation
- Acts as first point of contact for employees regarding employee relations issues and/or concerns about motivation and job satisfaction
- Advises and assists business/line managers on interpretation and administration of HR policies and programs
- Supports line management on a variety of HR tools and processes (for example performance appraisal, career planning, succession planning, identification of high value employees, and recognition of performance through rewards)
- Coordinates internal and external training and recruitment activities
- Assists in organizing internal teambuilding events and external local community events
- Complies with all applicable Schlumberger standards and policies
- Assists with the coaching and development of new team members
- Identifies and participates in continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure compliance with the Data Privacy & Protection Guidelines and relevant legislation
- Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources required, Master's Degree in Human Resources preferred
- Must have at least 3 years' experience in an HR Generalist / Representative role preferably in Oil and Gas
- Direct experience dealing with FMLA/ FLSA cases
- Strong background in Employee Relations
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
- Leading by example: Strongly protects and acts as guardian to our Values, Policies and HR Principles and encourages employees to do the same
- Visible and accessible: Is visible, approachable and available to all employees
- Results oriented: Delivers the right thing, on time, with quality and accuracy
- Proactive: Identifies, assesses and addresses potential issues in the workplace. Actively promotes continuous improvement of HR Policies and Standards
- Responsive: Commits to keep employees and managers informed of status of queries, issues, or concerns, and follows up through closure
- Trustworthy: Establishes a relation of trust with employees through openness, adherence to commitments, and maintains confidentiality
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.