Assembly Technician performs the full range of assembly, test, and disassembly on frac valves.Essential Responsibilities:
- Performs complex and standard assembly operations on various types of frac valves.
- Responsible to fit, adjust, align, and complete assembly of electronics and machined components to build subassemblies or complete instrument and assure proper function.
- Work includes assembling, calibration, and rework of units returned for repair.
- Performs in-process and final test operations utilizing a variety of mechanical and electronic means and indicators to assure proper function before moving to next operation or finalizing overall fit and function to delivery to customer.
- Follows documented work instructions, verbal instructions, drawings, and train or assist less experienced assemblers.
- Gathers and control instrument components inventory at point of use, maintain required paperwork and control systems, and pack finished units for shipment.
- Report unusual conditions to the supervisor or manufacturing engineer,
- Keep work area neat and clean and participate in clean up as requested.
- Other job duties as required.
- High School Diploma
- 1 year of experience on a production line or manufacturing environment
- Position requires regular lifting, pulling and pushing of up to 50 lbs., manually transport a load up to 75 lbs. and apply up to 100 lbs. of torque.
- Computer application literacy including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn internal business systems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as master schedule, safety rules, operating instructions, drawings/prints and procedure manual
- Customer driven/focused
- Dedication to a safe work environment through effective housekeeping, workplace safety, etc.
- Team oriented
- Strong attention to detail and conscientious nature
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more