24/7 Geoscience & Petroleum Engineer - Remote Drilling Services Ploiesti, Romania - Remote Operations HubAbout Us:
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
BHGE is looking for Geoscience& Petroleum Engineer for the Drilling Services Remote Operations Hub in Ploiesti, Romania. In this role, the Geoscience & Petroleum Engineer will be working on a 24/7 shift schedule in the Remote Operations hub providing support for remote drilling activities. Essential Responsibilities:
- Provision of real-time Geoscience & Petroleum Engineering support for the Measurement and Logging While Drilling portfolio and associated software.
- Providing real-time monitoring and interpretation of measurement and logging while drilling data
- Performing geological, geomechanical, petrophysical, and reservoir engineering interpretation and analysis using appropriate, state-of-the-art techniques to ensure complete and compliant service delivery to the customer.
- Verify surface and downhole data is stored in the database.
- Contribute to technical reports, EOW, and failure reports.
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with BHGE HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and BHGE Core Values.
- Bachelor's Degree in related subject (Petroleum Engineering, Geology or Earth Sciences).
- 3 years of related experience
- Demonstrates understanding of Wireline and/or LWD tools/measurements and interpretation and analysis.
- Knowledge of basic computer operation skills including data input/output, competency in visualization and exposure to geoscience-specific computer operations.
- A proven ability to recognize, analyze and solve technical issues, coupled with a process oriented working style.
- Able to work in a 24/7 service environment, including day and night shifts based on an agreed shift schedule
- Good communication skills both verbal and written in English
- Self-directed, goal oriented and innovative
- Both on- and off-shore rig site experience
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse, multi-location, and team-oriented environment
- Commitment to customer service and understanding of customer requirements.
- Ability to build a good working network with different stakeholders in remote Operations Offices.
- Eager to work with new technologies and ability to multi-task in a fast paced dynamic environment