Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
Offers the opportunity as an experienced Field Service Engineer to join the team in Basra, Iraq.Essential Responsibilities:
- The Field Service Engineer works within defined parameters to make decisions, apply standard operating procedures to complex field related situations, and resolve issues through immediate action or short term planning.
- Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation.
- Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troubleshoot equipment's failures.
- Provide technical instructions and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer sites.
- Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable production line warranties, and accomplish effective warranty administration.
- Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expenses sheets on a complete timely and thorough basis.
- Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary.
- Maintain strong safety mind-set to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements with BHGE safety standards.
- Knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage.
- Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and reference for future outages.
- Complete understanding and utilization of lubricators to install and retrieve back pressure valves and side outlet valves.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical OR Electrical Engineering is preferred OR High School Diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in a Field Services role.
- Must have 5 years of experience in installation and maintenance of Wellhead (Conventional and Multi Bowl Systems) and X Tree Equipment.
- Preferred prior experience in Well Engineering (Workover or Drilling)/IWCF
- Prior Project Management Experience is preferred
- Strong Oral and Written communication skills
- Strong Interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong Problem solving skills
- Strong customer service mind-set and 4-5 years Technical Experience
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more