Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Asset Integrity Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:SME (Subject matter expert) Mechanical & Integrity - In this role, you will work closely with customers to define requirements, develop technical proposals and set expectations for APM implementations/upgrades and integration projects. You will act as the technofunctional lead, as well as an individual contributor, on these engagements, contributing to software implementation, troubleshooting, customization, and integration into customer systems.
Essential Responsibilities:- Analysis & solution design activities, such as requirements gathering and gap analysis of user requirements.
- Deploy Modules and Features to support Meridium APM project pillars. (Reliability Engineering, Mechanical Integrity, Asset Health and Failure Elimination, Safety)
- Apply configuration changes per approved functional / technical design (Configure Family and Fields, Business Rules, Family Policies, Behaviors, Risk Matrix, Dashboards, Queries, Graphs, Reports, APM Policies, Strategy Rules, Schedules, Apply Security Changes and Add Security Users)-Perform installation and/or programming tasks related to agreed interface & conversion specifications and/or application assignments, including agreed upon system tailoring and
- Designs workflows in software to meet customer needs.
- Provide expert knowledge and experience to collaborate with the customer to identify technical requirements and estimate the technical effort required to implement complex software solutions.
- Supports the solution design, functional and technical requirements discovery and definition.
- Effectively leverage product capability, driving standardization, limiting customization, and maximizing reuse of content developed for previous solutions.
- Collaborate with Program/Project Managers and Services Consultants throughout the project to identify and scope applications changes while adhering to the change management process.
- Execute on and serve as techno-functional lead for the implementation of APM software solutions.
- Own functional & technical deliverables during the entire lifecycle of the projects.
- Engage throughout the full lifecycle of assigned projects, influencing decisions on design, and functionality to keep projects on track in terms of budget, time, and customer expectations.
- Interact with Product Development Team, Commercial Team, Customers, Solution Providers (Partner / Integrators), and other cross-functional teams as required for the solution and implement processes to ensure best use of GE Digital products and services.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with peers and team members as an inclusive team member, supporting pre-sale strategy (as needed) and project execution.
- May serve as a technical leader or mentor on complex, integrated customer implementations, either within individual project teams and/or cross-organizationally.
- Effectively apply APM software execution methodology and project standards.
- Maintain & continuously update technical skills and knowledge.
- Work independently as well as part of the team.
- Maintain strong customer relationships and possess effective communication skills.Qualifications/Requirements:- Engineer with experience in areas such as FMEA, RCM, RBI, RCA, SIS. (HAZOP Analysis)
- 5+ years field experience directly in industry with equipment operations, maintenance, and reliability.
Desired Characteristics:- Meridium APM technical certification.
- Must be willing to travel 50% 75%.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- Background in consulting.
- Knowledge of industrial standards and best practices.
- Lead customer workshops to generate value based use cases.
- Analyze industrial trends and customer business objectives to deliver relevant trainings and workshops.
- Develop a consulting approach to conceptualize, define, drive, and execute engagement and culture change strategies.
- Participate in strategy and planning sessions to help solve client issues.
- Work with stakeholder, at all levels, to clearly articulate complex concepts and ideas.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly in a fast-paced, multi-tasking development environment.
- Experience in software analysis, design, quality assurance, architecture, and Agile development methodology.
- Prior customer support or system implementation experience desired.
- For solution focus, requires deep functional expertise:
1) Root Cause Analysis, Reliability
2) Asset Maintenance Strategy, RCM/RAM/FMEA
3) Inspections, Risk Based Inspections (RBI), Mechanical Integrity, Calibration and Safety
4) EAM (e.g. SAP/Maximo), CBM, Historian, System1
- Applies technical fundamentals in specific projects. Applies architecture development process & methods at various stages of the project life cycle.
- Applies architecture adoption best practices on multiple programs.
- Demonstrates ability to diagnose and solve intermediate to advanced issues. Can isolate highly complex scenarios down to actionable items and drive solutions.
- Coaches others on troubleshooting and problem solving techniques.
- Ability to communicate product capabilities internally and in customer facing situations.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more