Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Project Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Høvik, Akershus, Norway
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The Project Engineer will have a key role in Subsea Power & Processing Programs in all phases from specification definition, design, testing to final delivery, working under general direction from the Project Engineering Manager or the Program Manager. The projects may vary in scope from studies, product development programs, product deliveries to EPC projects.
Essential Responsibilities:• Ensure project is executed according to the governing documents and regulations for company/project
• Prepare, review, issue and file project documentation
• Manage internal and external interfaces throughout the project
• Prepare technical input to design reviews
• Evaluate tenders and participate in vendor selection and follow-up
• Ensure that client and engineering requirements are clearly communicated to and adhered to by project team
• Follow up manufacturing and participate in required testing
• Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory EHS requirements and Quality management systemsQualifications/Requirements:• MSc or BSc degree in a relevant engineering discipline
• Proven years' experience from a relevant engineering position
• English fluent verbal and written
• Experienced in standard office tools like Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
Desired Characteristics:• Ability to work independently and under pressure from tight deadlines
• Experience in the technology aspects of designing, building and/or testing of Subsea Power & Processing Products
• Strong technical attitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
• Good understanding of Project execution work processes
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong problem-solving abilities
• Strong customer mind-set
• Familiar with relevant industry standards (NORSOK, ISO, IEC, ASME, API, etc) and design requirements for subsea products
• Practical experience from some of the phases of a subsea project such as assembly, testing and commissioning
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more