Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:To comply with these activities in a prudent manner, the welding technician needs to have knowledge of materials, drawings, procedures, qualification, inspection, testing and equipment
Essential Responsibilities:• Ensure that the necessary materials, equipment, parts, procedures and qualifications are according to the WOP and the GE EHS standing requirements
• Ensure that the work is carried out according to agreed specifications
• Ensure that the work is delivered according to agreed requirements
• Ensure the use of materials and support substances according to specific requirements
• Ensure that the workshop procedures are followed
• Ensure that the workshop equipment, and facilities are suitable and in operational condition
• Ensure that WOP is followed, filled in with necessary information, contain correct documentation and are signed after performed work.
• Reporting all non-conformances and malfunctions
• Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory EHS requirements & expectations at all time
• Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory Quality management systems at all time
• Comply with VetcoGray Scandinavia and customer policies, procedures relating to Health and Safety
• Maintain customer focus to meet operational deadlines
• Perform work safely and get customers satisfaction.
• Reporting to Workshop Foreman
• Daily interaction with workshop team
• No direct financial control; however responsible of keeping the costs at a minimum.Qualifications/Requirements:• Proven years relevant experience
• Be able to work in a busy environment and handle pressure
• Experience working with procedures and documentation
• Being able to read schematics, drawings and BOM (bill of materials)
• Valid health certificate for workshop operations
• Able to comply with customer requirements, an evaluation that is based on the product / structure's complexity, or out of the requirements for safety, environment and property
• Good interpersonal skills as a team player or individual.
• Master Norwegian both written and verbally
• Master English both written and verbally
Desired Characteristics:• Trade school and/or relevant certificate of apprenticeship
• Subsea/Surface background preferred experience in assembly and testing.
• Welding cert. for method SAW / GTAW / GMAW / FCAW.
• PC Literate: Word, Excel, MS Outlook
• Prepared to work as part of a team or individually when required
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more