Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Project Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:Responsible for managing assigned project(s) according to scope of work, schedule and budget.
Essential Responsibilities:• Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory HSE requirements & expectations at all times
• Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory Quality management systems at all times
• Responsible for project execution
• Risk management
• Monitor and report progress and critical issues
• Lead and build teams
• Manage variation orders
• Organize work packages to support production requirements
• Manage MRP material as needed
• Manage schedules and observation/witness points
• Manage MRB / final documentation
• Responsible for client communication and agreed reporting
• Compliance with HSE Plan, Quality Plan and related requirements
• Improvement work including Lessons Learnt sessions
• Reporting to Department Manager in line organization
• Daily interaction with project personnel
• Frequent interaction with Sourcing, Engineering, QA, HSE, Finance, Field service, Work Shop
• Office based but is expected to attend meetings with manufacture and assembly & test with visits to shop floor, expected to attend vendors/customers premises for meetings. If needed possible to go offshore.
• Regular contact with customers and suppliers resolving contract, attendance at meetings, presenting information
• No personnel responsibility
• Financial authority in accordance with the OTR Delegation of Authority matrixQualifications/Requirements:• Proven ability to successfully lead projects
• Proven applied understanding of Project Management concepts on a cross-functional level
• Ability to integrate cross-functional perspectives into problem-solving and issue management
• Proven applied understanding of Contract and Commercial Management
• Ability to identify objectives, resources and procedures of assigned projects
• Proven ability to develop practical or innovative alternative approaches and give recommendations based on business and professional knowledge
• Proven applied knowledge of leadership concepts and techniques eg, work planning, delegating, coaching, evaluating.
• Ability to provide guidance to other employees
• Ability to make decisions with broad parameters
• Ability to effectively facilitate & lead customer meetings
• Master English both written and verbally
• PC Literate: Word, Excel, Power Point, SAP/Oracle , ePIMS, Primavera
Desired Characteristics:• Relevant industrial experience
• Relevant project management experience
• Understanding of offshore and/or onshore operations within the Oil & Gas industry
• Degree in Business Management
• Degree in Engineering/Technical Institute or relevant experience in lieu
• Knowledge and experience within engineering, procurement, manufacturing, project planning, project management, risk management, EHS and/or QA.
• Business acumen and commercial skills
• Master Norwegian both written and verbally
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more