Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Project Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The Regional Integrated Solutions (IS) Project Director is a key role within the BHGE APAC business and will be responsible for the delivery of integrated solutions projects, including complex scopes of products and services offerings from Product Companies in BHGE being the single point of reference for the Customer for such kind of projects.
Essential Responsibilities:The IS Project Director is responsible for the overall execution of complex projects with the direct responsibility of the annual revenues and contribution margin delivered., ensuring that each PC gets its fair share of profitability. He/she will liaise directly several Project Managers from the Product Companies regionally and globally and oversees the overall virtual project team to resolve specification, commercial issues, manage correspondence among stakeholders during project execution with support from key stakeholders internally and externally.
The Project Director will be measured according to the following performance indicators:
- Timeliness of the Project Launch;
- Timeliness and quality of the KOM
- Timeliness and quality of the Project Report
- Financials (Sales, Margin, cash , Past Dues & Productivity) variances vs. Company operating plan and Project Goals;
- Customer Satisfaction;
- Contractual delivery and Project COD indicators;
- Project Warranty costs and LD Exposure;
- Product Companies alignment and satisfaction
Other project management responsibilities include:
• Ensures that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
• Developing detailed project scopes, objectives and schedules, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Develops and implement detailed project plans and rigor to track progress
• Performs risk management to minimize project risks
• Coordinates internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
• Manages the project - which includes coordinating the project team to keep them on track and keeping the project on budget
• Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
• Measures project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
• Report and escalate to management as needed
• Manages the relationship with the customer and all stakeholders
• Creates and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Close the project, including evaluating successes and challenges to enhance learning for the next project
• Partner with the Product Companies regional and functional leaders to assure coordination and collaboration in forecasting, planning and allocating all the required resources (included people, equipment, material and documentation) to execute the project pipeline
• Drives continuous improvement through a proper and rigorous planning process and schedule technique (resource levelling)
• Stores and use the 'as-executed' project data to drive continuous improvement
• Lead best practice, lessons learned and Best in Class performance practice sharing
• Champion a culture of operational excellence through focus on HSE, Quality, Cycle Time, Cost & Productivity)Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor's degree in engineering discipline.
• At least 15 years experience with relevant oil & gas and project management knowledge
• At least 10 years experience in LNG Project Development
• Strong understanding of upstream and downstream business environment, including technical, supply chain and logistical elements.
• Knowledge of oil field services, subsea and rotating equipment packages and technical solutions.
• Global experience delivering effective outcomes in varying and complex commercial and contractual models.
• Ability to manage significantly complex projects containing multiple rigs, subsea manifolds and tress and turbomachinery products.
• Excellent leadership, strong interpersonal, influencing and planning skills.
• Ability to manage, develop, coach and mentor teams.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a global matrix organization.
• Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork across multiple Product Companies, functions, geographies, external parties.
• Extensive knowledge of business plans, Project Planning, and execution of all elements of Project Execution Plans
• Extensive knowledge of and track record in utilizing Project Management methodologies (in particular by Project Management Institute) across complex and multiple operational projects.
• Experience in contract management, both with clients, and subcontracted parties
Desired Characteristics:• PMP Certification or master's in project management
• Previous experience with an Operator and/or EPC
• Strong contractual term and conditions knowledge
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more