Baker Hughes, a GE Company is seeking candidates with solid experience supporting core SAP ERP infrastructure projects and maintenance. A successful candidate will liaise with multiple infrastructure and support service providers ensuring contractual alignment, service delivery and project governance. The individuals primary focus will include working closely with 3rd parties and SAP Basis and Functional teams to define processes, perform (internal) contractual management, drive technical solutions, gather requirements and deliver SAP Infrastructure projects. Essential Responsibilities:
In the role of SAP Infrastructure Operations Lead, you will:
- Manage relationship between SAP Teams, Hosting providers and key 3rd parties
- Coordinate execution of SAP Infrastructure projects with support providers
- Communicate with partners, customers and internal Digital Technology teams
- Work with sourcing and manage Hosting contracts and maintain licensing
- General project management for the BHGE SAP Infrastructure projects
- Ensure quality service delivery from 3rd party providers
- Engage with management and support teams to prioritize and organize activities
- Drive requirements gathering and lead issue resolution within the scope of SAP Infrastructure
- Organize service standards and periodic reviews with SAP Infrastructure and hosting providers
- Provide project management for new SAP ERP technical implementations, SAP infrastructure upgrades and enhancements
- Identify and lead implementation of improvement opportunities with the SAP Infrastructure space
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 5 years in managing ERP infrastructure projects, and maintaining hardware and software contracts and licensing
- Strong technical knowledge of diverse Operating systems (IBM i, IBMAIX, RHEL, Windows), Relational Databases (Oracle, DB2, MS SQL), storage systems such as NAS, NFS, SAN that are typical for ERP infrastructure.
- Good knowledge of components of Data Center Infrastructure like Firewalls, Load Balancers and Switches (including the Firewall Zones, DMZ, VLAN, Routing, Trunking, Application and Web Load Balancing etc.,)
- Knowledge of the virtualization technology (Example: VMware, LPAR)
- Must have experience with high availability solutions, disaster recovery testing and roadmap planning
- Good understanding of various SAP applications and technologies and general understanding of integration tools
- Experience in managing third party hosting providers and collaborating with Data Center leads
- Working knowledge of general IT licensing models including HW, SW and service providers
- Demonstrates a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of managing multiple projects and/or tasks simultaneously
- Ability to lead projects and project resources to ensure successful outcomes
- Excellent project management, technical solutions experience and communication skills
- SAP ERP Infrastructure project execution and delivery
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Motivation to succeed
- Flexibility and adaptable to working with a 24x7 Global operation
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more