Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
Baker Hughes a GE Company are pipelining for an Offshore Chemist - Specialty Chemicals based in Myanmar for 3rd and 4th Quarter, 2019. The position will support the UPSTREAM CHEMICALS Product Group. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and shareholders.Essential Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision provides support for the product segments, technical selling, key field product applications, production troubleshooting, facility and flow diagnostics
- Leads with product market introductions and field trials
- Investigates unusual or unsatisfactory product performance to determine root cause and preventative action
- Handles special projects, as assigned
- Conducts all business activities in accordance to Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values
- Must be local with ability to work on rotation as assigned by Supervisor
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or higher
- Offshore experience, especially in Chemical Laboratory
- Over 1 year of working experience in chemicals
- Proficient knowledge of product segments and proper application of products.
- Understanding of production from down hole to pipeline distribution
- Proficient use of computer based programs related to application of products
- Ability to work and communicate well with others
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more